I would like to introduce myself to you. My name is Ginger and I am married to the most kind and compassionate man named Michael. We have been waiting to grow our family for almost 7 years. We were led to adoption through infertility struggles, but God is the one who placed the desire in our hearts to adopt. Michael and I did not want to adopt when we first started our road of infertility. {Gasp} I know! (we were trying to plan out our life) We wanted biological children. What we didn’t know was God had another plan in mind.
The start of 2012 we begin to pray for God’s will for our life. I had exhausted all measures and was extremely tired of trying to force my plans to line up with God’s. I noticed as I prayed for His will my heart’s desire started to change. It was not instant, but over time the desire to become pregnant was no longer as important as it once was. He was changing our hearts to fit His perfect plan.
Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Psalms 37:4
We did not feel the call to adopt at the same time or the same way, but God led us to adoption together in His time. We are adopting because God called us to show the love of Christ. Through Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection, we have been adopted into the family of God. We believe through adoption, not only can we share the love of Christ with a beautiful child, but others will be able to see a picture of that love through our story.
Michael and I are still in the waiting process of our domestic adoption with Bethany Christian Services. We were approved on April 9, 2013, which means we have been waiting for “the call” almost 11 months.
God calls us all to “wait” for different things but the 2 main reasons for the wait is the same no matter what we are waiting for… 1. For our Good! 2. For His Glory! Think about Abraham and Hannah in the bible… Abraham waited for the fulfillment of the promise of a son. And Hannah waited for a son and then gave him back to the Lord. They were called to a season of waiting. And they were witnesses and beneficiaries of the grace and glory of God. The waiting season in your life has a purpose. Just like the waiting season in my life has a purpose. I am learning to embrace our wait with grace. Are you?
During my season of waiting I have been learning to gracefully wait and fully trust God. Waiting does not come naturally to me. I want to “do” instead of “wait.” To be completely honest, the wait drives me crazy most days. Sometimes I am almost sure God says, “My child, I need you to relax and know that I am not going to harm you. I just want you to love the Giver more than the gift. I want you to grow as close to me as possible because I am only preparing you for BIG things. I just need you to wait.” Then I take a breath, slow my thoughts down, and know that my wait is in His hands. He is the one who made the blind to see, the lame to walk, and raised the dead to life. He has got this. I just have to wait, trust and continue to grow in Him.
I know God is teaching me how to fully trust in Him. He is allowing me to grow closer to Him. I just have to be patient and learn to gracefully wait on His perfect timing. God knows my heart, my desires, and my longing. He also longs for me to experience His best for my life. And just knowing that helps me welcome my season of waiting.
I am not going to tell you that it is easy to wait. Because it is NOT!! It has been one of the hardest things I have had to do. I can only hope and dream and pray for my day to get to experience being a mother. I know that I will cherish the gift of being a mother and I will cherish that sweet little baby. But most of all I will always love and adore the Giver! I will never forget our season of waiting because that my friend is when He drew me closer to His side.
We don’t know how long this season will last or what the exact final outcome will be. But, we are learning to gracefully wait on His timing. God is faithful in His plans to provide a future and a hope. Please continue to pray with us through our journey and this season of waiting.
Praying for Our Happily Ever After…
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights… James 1:17


No comments:
Post a Comment