I had seen this on Pinterest before, but my sister reminded me of it a few months ago. Millie Janalee is obsessed with the paper towel roll after the paper towels run out. It's always a treat when she sees me taking it off the holder. Ha! Last week, I was taking the roll off and handing it to Millie Janalee when it dawned on me.
We can use this for our February art! (So far, we have a piece of painted art for every month since September.) I pulled out my red paint, paper plate, and construction paper. Remember, I was a teacher for years, so these things have been a staple in my home since my freshman year of college. My roommates can attest to that. I cut the paper towel roll in half to make two "stamps" and folded them in to make the edge resemble a heart.
Then, Millie Janalee and I got busy! She was very interested in the red stuff on the end as you can tell from her clothes and hands. She wanted to touch it and feel it over and over. Ha! Thankfully, this teacher knows to use only WASHABLE paint. Lesson learned the hard way. We stamped and stamped and stamped away. On about 7-8 cards. I kept one for myself of course, so if you didn't receive one...it's because I put myself before you. Ha!
I had no plans of anything except "Happy Valentine's Day" on this card. But one of the pictures was perfect for a catchy Valentine! She loves this little stuffed dog, and it is what we used at one point to make her stop fussing. The picture looked so pitiful...unless you pair it with a cute and catchy Valentine greeting!
We have heard back from many of our recipients, and they were all very surprised and pleased with their sweet and special Valentines.



No comments:
Post a Comment