I love this stay at home mama life! So many little memories made throughout our days, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I basically get to play and take care of my little bestie everyday. Here are a few highlights since the last time we've talked.
1. {Pigtails} Oh my sweetness! One day last week, we played beauty shop during a hypnotizing episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It was so precious that I did it again the next day adding bows to the look. Can we say obsessed?!
2. {College Basketball} One of Russ's friends called offering us his tickets to the Memphis Tigers basketball game the following day. We took the offer and made it a family night. Millie Janalee's first college basketball game! And who would ever guess that it would be Memphis?! Not MSU. Ha! She was mesmerized by all the lights and action. This girl is a sports fan for sure!
3. {Disney 2014} I am super excited about our upcoming trip! Russ had the opportunity to attend a radiology conference at one of the Walt Disney World resorts. I have no idea what the conference is about. I just heard "Disney" and said, "SIGN UP!" Ha! Millie Janalee and I are tagging along for fun. And because I'm not completely crazy taking an 18 month old to Disney, we invited my parents along. I cannot stand it! I'm so excited. This will be a very laid back trip for us. No real plans except a couple meal reservations. We are taking Millie Janalee's lead and doing what we can. Any advice doing Disney with a toddler?
4. {Losing the Baby Look} Ummm, when did it officially happen?! I look over at my baby girl and I see a little girl! Where is the baby face? She's by far the cutest little thing I've ever seen with an adorable personality to match. I'm so glad she's mine. What a gift!
5. {Brrrr} I'm pretty sure we all know how frigid these southern temperatures have been. All the snow and ice missed us this time, but it was still very cold. We did what we had to do to stay warm. Headgear and Ugg boots are a must. No matter what you wear between the two.
6. {Uncie Fun} There are just some things that need no explanation. Like the things uncles do for their nieces...
7. {Super Bowl Sunday} Did you watch the game? Were you as shocked as we were? Better still...did anyone else grandmother cry over the outcome? Maw Maw was obviously emotionally involved in the game. We teased her all night as she sat pouting about the direction of the game. Then, after one of the last turnovers we turn to find her in tears. It was a sad, sad night for Peyton. She said she "just wanted him to win so bad." Having three former MSU players on the Seahawks defense was some consolation, but I must admit...I was a bit traumatized too. I didn't cry over it though. Ha!
8. {Little Monkey} It has happened. Cribs have been lowered to the lowest hole. And the little feet have left the floor. I was working on my computer and heard some grunting and moving around. I finally turned around to see what was going on, and I found her sitting on top of the ottoman. Now, she spends her time crawling up and down and all over the chair. Oh, the injuries I see on the horizon! She is so proud, and frankly I'm proud of her. My little monkey!
So you see now that there hasn't been anything terribly exciting. Just the regular happenings of daily life and few roadtrips back "home." Now that we're caught up, I hope to see you again this week.
**Stay tuned for Wednesday's God Gave Us Love encore series! You will be touched by the remaining stories we will share during the month of February. Check back in and be blessed.










No comments:
Post a Comment