So, I don't know if I mentioned this or not. It rained...actually POURED a few days of our vacation. Remember how I said I don't go up. I meant it. One of the days (I can't remember which day it was) Clancy and I were on the beach with the babies and Clancy's friend. Everyone else had gone up for lunch or gone to get something real fast. Meaning they left all their belongings at their chairs because they were coming right back. And the bottom fell out! Millie Janalee was asleep on me, and Clancy ran under the umbrella with Selah Grace. The wind was blowing belongings everywhere, and whoever left their things in their chairs...well, it just got soaked. Because mamas left alone in such situations don't care about all the other stuff. LOL! The rain stopped as Russ came running onto the beach to help. He said, "I just knew I would come down and find you frantic. But you are just chillin'." Ha! It actually was nice to sit under an umbrella during a rainstorm with a sleeping baby on your chest. Not enough to bring me inside for sure. Seconds later, the sun was shining and we were back at it!
Beach business as usual.
There was one day when the lifeguards made us go inside so they could put all the umbrellas and chair cushions up. I'll just say Clancy and I were NOT happy about that. So we stood under the awning and watched the storm. It was later in the afternoon, so we ended up going on up for the day.
Since the weather was unpredictable, we SOAKED in the sunny moments! Literally. I think Lee kept Hughes this day, so Kristin could come down and play. I had grown accustomed to relaxing under the umbrella, but rekindled my love of sitting in the sun with my feet in the ocean. Heavenly! Those moments are few and far between for the next several years I know.
How was I able to manage that? Oh, we just left the boys in charge for a while. "Three Men and a Baby" style!
Cornhole games commenced...around the little monkey in the middle. Millie Janalee enjoyed chasing the bean bags back and forth as they threw them. Once she was able to get her hand on one, she was off to throw it in the hole.
Thankfully, I had one last distraction left in my wagon. A bubble machine! But, did you know that bubble machines run out of bubbles quite fast? They do. It was fun while it lasted.
We loved when Selah Grace woke up and played in the pool. Millie Janalee did too. She even shared her bonnet. We only share our bonnets with special people.
Once our distractions ran our or Selah Grace began napping, we took some walks on the beach. And Millie Janalee adored racing toward the waves for her Daddy to throw her in the air. She would've done that all day!
Russ and I took Millie Janalee down to the beach later that evening for some pictures. We ended up having a wonderful time just sitting on the beach chairs as the sun set, the ocean waves crashed, and the wind blew. Millie Janalee and I savored some snuggle time before saying "Nigh nigh!" to the beach.
Until the next day...






1 comment:
That last picture of y'all is my favorite!
Post a Comment