Happy Anniversary to Us!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014


Anyone with children knows that anniversaries aren't really all about you anymore.  Ha!  Ours never really has been anyway since we spend it on our family vacation every year.  But each year our anniversaries get sweeter and sweeter with this little one.  It's the only gift I ever wanted!

She She and Millie Janalee matchy matchy!
Jack was able to make it down for part of our trip.  He is in paramedic school, so we were glad for any days he could share.  As soon as he stepped foot on the beach, we put him in charge of the babies.  I'm sure they were in good hands.  Ha!


Millie Janalee really enjoyed sitting in a beach chair next to me and snacking away under the umbrella.  As long as she had food, she was content.  I know I've said this before, but we do not go up for naps.  "Ain't nobody got time for that!"  We play on the beach, eat on the beach, and sleep on the beach.  Millie Janalee didn't go to sleep as easily this year as she did last year.  And I didn't push it either.  But eventually, she was tired enough to rest.  Most of the time I was the only one who could rock back and forth just right.  Ha!  The secret is...let her play out and put her in the ocean right before nap time.  Ocean play wears the girl out every time.  Then, we changed her diaper, wrapped her in a towel, and let her snack a second before giving her the paci.

Plenty of juice to stay hydrated
The only nutritious option on the beach.  LOL!
Clancy took her out for this day's ocean play.  She had a ball jumping in the waves and going further out in the water.  I love playing in the waves, but there's a limit.  I don't go too far out.  Thankfully, Clancy and Russ are much more fun than I am.


Since Millie Janalee's favorite thing was running into the waves, we decided to let her try it sitting down.  It helped contain the wild mermaid, and it was fun to actually see her face.  Oh. my. word!  Probably one of the highlights of my week.  Nothing sweeter than those squeals of joy as the waves crashed over her legs and body.  Sometimes even sweeping her over a few feet.  Oops.



It was at this point that my phone took a dive into the ocean.  I had to make a choice - save my baby or save my phone.  I think I made the right choice even though Clancy also went in to save her.  Ha!


Alas, my anniversary gift ended up being a new phone.  It was a pretty serious situation.  Not because I needed to call anyone, but because I felt naked without access to my phone camera.  Huge thanks to Russ and my dad for taking care of me!


Seriously.  The sweetness of the day was almost too much!  I love this girl.


Since Russ and I share our anniversary with my parents (and his parents actually), we always go out to eat as a family.  It's our one big restaurant trip for everyone.  Kristin and Lee's anniversary is the next day, so we celebrate all of us at Captain Anderson's each year.  And, of course, we took the opportunity for a family photo.


Happy anniversary to us all!  And many more to come!


Praying blessings on this next year of marriage and family.
post signature

No comments: