Third Day's a Charm

Tuesday, July 1, 2014


This sweet girl makes our beach trips so much more fun!  Busier...absolutely.  But much more fun!  Adding to that fun was her newest cousin, Selah Grace.  Selah Grace is about 8 months old or so.  By the time Hughes is older next year, our trip will be crazy with all the little ones running wild!



And years down the road, we will cherish the pictures from this trip even more than we do now.  I mean how precious are these girls!?



That's why these beach trips feel like "home" to us.  Memories and pictures of all the cousins as children running around, hanging onto Nonnie and Pops as they carry all four of us out to the ocean, building sand castles, and making memories that last.  And run together year after year.  Tradition.  Lord willing, our children will look back with the same nostalgia.

Except they won't be kids anymore.  They'll be big kids in grown-up bodies...

Our big kids
Susu was able to make it down for awhile on our third day.  She sat with Millie Janalee during lunch and snack time.  Millie Janalee enjoyed sitting in the beach chairs like a big girl.  Ha!  Such a diva!  Susu and I stayed under the umbrella most of the time after the first or second day.  I got a little too much sun, and the shade was so relaxing.  That's how you know you're getting old, isn't it?  When I sit in the sun, I like to have my feet in the water.  Not convenient with an active toddler running around...and frequently running toward the water!

Susu and Millie Janalee
Our beach crew setup
Dustin and Sheila are living up the childless life in honor of us all.  Ha!  But they sure make good helpers and playmates!  Millie Janalee loves She She and Buck!  And I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

Sheila and Dustin
We are all a little more active this year, and we love it.  Back to our childhood...building sandcastles, playing in the ocean waves, cuddles, snuggles, and laughter.

Building sandcastles with Daddy
Mommy/daughter time
We missed baby Hughes while he had his own quiet playtime in the condo.  He likes his quiet time I think...which may prove troublesome around this crew!  We'll try to break him in gently.  I think he was a huge fan of the salty air though.



These cousins will soon give us all kinds of trouble.  Just like we did growing up.  Oh my!


Our third day at the beach was a charm!  Perfectly beachy!
post signature

1 comment:

maureen said...

Oh my, that first picture with just one eye peeking out is so precious! Love it! You are really getting good at capturing her awesomeness!