St. Louis Fun with the Mansels Part 1

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I can't remember exactly.  It was either the last of July or the first of August we had a wonderful visit from part of Russ's sister's family.  Jenny, Grace, Seth, and his girlfriend Anna Kate came for a few days to visit.  Russ and I love having company!  And we love that it gives us even better excuses to get out and explore the fun parts of St. Louis.  Or revisit our favorite spots.


First on Grace's list was the American Girl store near our home.  I knew Millie Janalee would be over the moon if we went back, so we got up and going in time to arrive close to opening.  Russ had to work sadly, so we missed him during all our daytime activities.  Jenny bought Grace a new American Girl doll and matching pajamas.  Seth and Anna Kate did their fair share of playing with the display dolls.  Ha!  And Aunt Jenny surprised Millie Janalee with some Bitty Baby accessories for her belated birthday gifts!  You can see how Millie Janalee felt about leaving in the picture below.

Always a scene.  Always.


After our stop for the little girls, we did some shopping at the nearby outlet mall.  I would say that was Jenny's favorite spot.  Then I drove the group over to the Arch.  Because no one should visit St. Louis without at least seeing it.  This was Anna Kate and Seth's request for the trip.  And I always love doing St. Louis things.  None of them had ever been to St. Louis, much less been to the top of the Arch.  So, I insisted Jenny join us to the top!


Millie Janalee wasn't with Russ and I when we experienced this for the first time, so I was excited to take her up.  She was simply thrilled that her cousins and aunt were with her.  She and Grace had fun in the exhibits and displays while we waited in line.


All six of us crammed in a pod that was made for five, and we rode to the top...630 feet.  It was quite crowded, but we made our way to some windows.  This is when I plopped Millie Janalee up next to a window for a photo shoot, and I learned she was also afraid of heights perhaps.  Like mother like daughter!




Once we landed on the ground, we walked through part of the museum of the Westward Expansion.  Millie Janalee's favorite part was the "Innyans".


It was a very fun day spent with our family!  And Millie Janalee was so happy to have them here with  us.  So was I.


We grilled out, watched movies, and stayed up late talking.  We did some more shopping at the mall and outlet malls before the crew started their long journey home.  Fun memories for sure.  Maybe they will be able to make it up for another trip or two.  There is so much more to show them!
post signature

No comments: