Before our appointments - I also had to make a last minute dental appointment before her checkup because a filling came out the week before - we met Jamie for lunch. My mom came with us for the day, and we enjoyed catching up with Jamie!
As soon as they called us back to our room, the nurse came in to prick her finger. Talk about a big welcome! From there it was pretty much all downhill. The thought of even sitting back on that white papered table was enough to throw my girl into a whirlwind of emotion. So we sat together and snuggled. And I gave her a paci. Because pacis make everything better.
We got a great report! Happy and healthy two year old. 25 pounds (10-25%) and 35 1/4 inches tall (50-75%). She had those mean old shots and didn't pass out. Screamed? Yes! But no passing out this time. Remember she has passed out before during shots.
Her lead levels were a bit elevated, so we were sent downstairs to the lab to get a better reading. Which meant...not a finger prick. A NEEDLE IN THE ARM like an adult! It. Was. Horrible! Seriously terrible. And it seemed to last forever. Bless her little heart! It was a terribly long day and the needles just kept coming. The nurse gave her a sucker when it was all over, and that seemed to make things all better. I stopped at Walgreens to give Millie Janalee some Tylenol to help her feel better for the ride home. Then Mama and I stopped by Sonic for a stiff drink before making the 2 hour drive back home. We were tired.
Me thinking her obsession with Doc McStuffins would make this doctor visit fun was completely wrong. But I am very thankful for a happy and healthy baby girl. God is good!


No comments:
Post a Comment