It happened. Millie Janalee got her extra set of eyes on August 25! Y'all. She is the most precious thing I have ever seen. EVER! I promise. I could just eat her up with a spoon. I put those little glasses on her face at the optician's office, and she was all smiles! Never even tried to take them off. Well, maybe she did at first. But once she got to playing and walking around the office, she probably forgot they were on.
We really think she can tell such a difference. First of all, because she rarely tries to take them off. Secondly, she studied things so closely when she first got them. I didn't specify before, but she is wearing bifocals. So she walked around looking over the top of the bifocals trying to figure it all out. Now, she runs all over the place like normal. I swear she smiles bigger, laughs harder, and plays louder with her glasses on. I didn't even know that was possible.
We have encountered several different reactions. The most popular reaction from adults has been thinking they were pretend glasses. Which makes me laugh. I never thought of that! Ha! We have had to explain them many times, but never a negative word. She stops traffic wherever we go. People just think she's the cutest thing. And I must agree.
I mean seriously...
I'll go ahead and admit it here before you notice and start rolling your eyes and making judgements. We (with big help from vision insurance and grandparents) did purchase more than one pair. I won't tell you exactly how many. You can make it a fun game to count as I blog. A girl must accessorize after all! In fact, when our neutral pair came in late I told the optician that we couldn't clash with maroon. He laughed and let me borrow a pair of gray ones for the ballgame. That's how much they love us there. Probably because they have never seen such accessorizing. Not to mention the hairbow. Remember, people here don't wear bows or smocked clothes. Ha!
God has big plans for sweet Millie Janalee. Her story is huge and long already. But God is still writing. He sees her heart and her potential and her future. He loves her more than I do. Hard to believe, but it's true. And I trust Him completely with her little life. The ups and the downs.
Thankful for His working in our lives through struggles big and small. The better to see Him with! Literally.


2 comments:
She looks precious!! Sweet sweet girl. I love reading your blog and watching her and your family grow.
She is just precious! I bet she can tell such a difference and that's one reason why she isn't fighting them. I had noticed the line and wondered if I was making it up or if they were bifocals. Love how much she's going to be able to learn now! :-)
Post a Comment