First Haircut

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Our Christmas holiday was full of firsts!  I had been dreading the day I had to do it.  The day Millie Janalee got her first haircut.  Those sweet baby curls and first little twigs of sweet fluff on her head.  It just broke my heart to think about it.  But.  It really needed to be done.  One side of her hair grew slower...or something because it was a much shorter length than the other side.  So I made up my mind.  She would get a little trim to make her hair closer to the same length.


She was such a big girl in that little booster seat.  Unsure at first, once she had a pack of Teddy Grahams we were golden!  Special thanks to Marley at Foxy Locks for taking care of us and squeezing us in.  It literally took less than five minutes.  The lady getting her hair done when we got there just moved to the couch to watch for a few minutes.  And of course we got it on video too thanks to Susu!


Such a sweet haircut for a sweet girl!


We bagged up her little first baby curls and I managed to leave without the tears that were welling up falling on my face.  I don't know what it is about those sweet curls laying on the counter...but it sure was sweet!
post signature

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Megan,
I'm drooling over the fact that you even need a haircut. Little Miss barely has hair over her ears! If you get a chance, I would love to hear your advice on child glasses. We were trying to get Little Miss to two years old before fitting her, but her eyes are starting to cross, so we'll be getting her fitted next week. I'm nervous about how she'll do with them. She is pretty sensitive.