Bow the Knee

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Once again, I am reminded of the importance of prayer. In church this morning our choir sang a beautiful song that I have heard several times before. However, this morning was different. Maybe it was the happenings before church or my commitment to get on my knees every day in February. It was different. I could not keep my tears at bay...just as I had struggled since the beginning of the service. Though we may not understand God's plan, His way is perfect. This song served as a reminder to come to Him when we just don't understand his plan and cannot see a way. Come to Him when the answers are not clear and our plan is not working out the way we had hoped. Come to Him when storms arise and exhaustion sets in. Come to Him when everything is out of our control. Come to Him because He is the only ONE who is in control! BOW THE KNEE.


Please pause my playlist and listen to the song. Listen and let it speak to your heart. I posted the words below the video. Join us as we "bow our knees" and experience the power of prayer in our lives.



Bow the Knee


There are moments on our journey following the Lord

Where God illumines ev’ry step we take.

There are times when circumstances make perfect sense to us,

As we try to understand each move He makes.

When the path grows dim and our questions have no answers, turn to Him.


Bow the knee;

Trust the heart of your Father when the answer goes beyond what you can see.

Bow the knee;

Lift your eyes toward heaven and believe the One who holds eternity.

And when you don’t understand the purpose of His plan,

In the presence of the King, bow the knee.

There are days when clouds surround us, and the rain begins to fall,

The cold and lonely winds won’t cease to blow.

And there seems to be no reason for the suffering we feel;

We are tempted to believe God does not know.

When the storms arise, don’t forget we live by faith and not by sight.

3 comments:

Dennis said...

I love you, Daddy

The Robbins said...

There are truly times when ALL of us wonder about why GOD does what he does, but the greatest thing is knowing that HE and only HE has the greatest most unbelievable plan for our lives. Sometimes, just like the song says it means that we have to live by faith and not by sight. That's the hardest thing to do...I pray that God blesses your every step toward any and ALL dreams that you have!

I love you girl! Fe

Unknown said...

I LOVE this song! We're singing it at my church in May sometime. SO hard to trust sometimes, especially when we can't see what's in God's plan! How wonderful to be able to know that He has us in His hands.