Gotta Love It!

Friday, February 20, 2009

One of the funny things about working with our students is the hair. I had one student miss two days of school because she was getting her braids put in!!! This morning, a teacher next door came to my room with a big smile on her face. She informed me that one of her students had his hair cut...with a name shaved in his hair. She looked at it, and asked, "What does it say?" "Michael Jordan," he replied. She looked again. She soon realized that she was unaware of the new spelling of Jordan. Notice his hair says, "Jordon" with an 'O'.

Of course, I begged her to take a picture of it for my blog!

You gotta love it!

Another thing I love about teaching third grade in JPS is learning multiplication! During Thanksgiving, I was talking to my sister-in-laws about multiplication tips. My sister-in-law (who homeschools) mentioned a sweet/cute little cd with cute songs to remember the facts. Well, I quickly informed them that Multiplication Rap is much better!! Ha! I love it! And, obviously, the kids do too! I recorded my class working on their 5's today. Listen and learn!


Sorry about the quality...couldn't get it to upload any other way!

Gotta love it!

2 comments:

katie ray said...

that is hilarious! you are such a fun teacher! hope you are doing great!

Liesa said...

THANKS FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE BOOK. I'D LOVE ONE! MAYBE I CAN FIGURE IT OUT ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN I HAVE TIME. I MIGHT MAKE SOME GIFTS OUT OF IT TOO!!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEK.