Not Me Monday

Monday, March 2, 2009


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

--------------------

I DID NOT let my husband fix my lunch complete with a sandwich, chips, and dessert for the last two weeks. I would never do that! I'm a much better wife than to let him fix my lunch for school!

I DID NOT freak out when I saw a possum on top of our fence and Farley barking ferociously at it. I would never be scared for my dog's life because of a possum. I most certainly wasn't screaming FROM THE DOOR and sweating profusely when Russ came in the front door from studying. I would never overreact like that! And, if my dog was in danger, I would never just stand at the door to take care of it because I, too, was scared of the possum. Not me!!

I
DID NOT cause my entire house of guests to jump from their seats because, "OMG! There's a black dog in the back yard!" I would never forget that our very own dog is black, and he was outside playing! No way! I would never be that ditsy!

It
DID NOT come a blizzard Saturday night. It would never fall below 70 degrees in February in south Mississippi! And I did not scream to my husband, "Look, look, look! It's a blizzard!" in front of everyone at Julep Saturday night. I never embarrass my husband or demand his immediate attention. Not me!

I DID NOT tell my students after WAY too many, "Mrs. Johnson!" calls, that Mrs. Johnson wasn't there today. Her twin sister was there instead. I would never tell such a story!

I DID NOT become victim to an angry parent this week complete with a mom's screaming and my tears. I would never let someone treat me like that!

I DID NOT sit and watch my husband and twenty-year old brother slide around on my new wood floors in their socks Sunday afternoon! I would never allow them to be so childish! They most certainly didn't try to moonwalk and race/slide down the hallway. And, I definitely did not see my husband try to get a running start only to slip on his first step and almost bust his face! We would never have things like that going on in our house!

When we went home last weekend, my mom DID NOT hand Russ a pair of his boxers she had washed. And she most certainly DID NOT say, "I'm not even going to tell you where I found these!" My mom would never embarrass us like that! My dad definitely didn't respond by saying, "Where were they?! On the ceiling fan?" My parents are much to conservative to think up those questions! Not my parents!

I DID NOT start back at Palm Beach Tan Sunday because of my transparent ghostly whiteness. I would never subject myself to those UV rays. My husband is going to school to be a doctor! Do you really think I would put myself at risk like that?! No way!

I DID NOT take a mental health day to avoid taking a personal day. I would never consider myself mentally unstable. Not me!!

And, I am positively NOT counting down the days until Spring Break! No sir! Not me! I DO NOT know that there are only 12 days -
10 school days left!

-------------------

What have you not done this week?

2 comments:

Jordan said...

this was really cute! i especially liked the part about mrs. johnson not being there. that is something i would "not" do.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand - I told my students last week that my name was no longer Mrs. Branch and I'd let them know when they could speak to me again- People outside of school call me Mrs. Branch and that really irritates me because I hear that ALL day long!!!