Not Me Monday

Monday, March 16, 2009


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

-------------------------------

I DID NOT allow my 8, 9, and 10 year old students to show me how to do the "Stanky Leg!" I would never allow children to move in such a way. That is totally inappropriate! And I most certainly wouldn't let them show me the dance as we listened to 99 JAMS. Do you really know any teacher that would allow that behavior in their classroom?!

I DID NOT leave Old Navy, where I discovered my new and much larger pant size, and race to the nearest gym to purchase a membership! There is no way that I would let myself go that much! And it would never be so bad that panic would ensue. Absolutely not!

After finding the gym was closed, I DID NOT drive straight to the grocery store to purchase yet more food. And, while I was NOT at the grocery store, I did not take the advice of a new blog friend, Abby, and purchase these! I don't need to watch my weight! I didn't eat one pack of three cupcakes only to find myself wanting to eat the whole box, either! (Seriously, I didn't eat the whole box...just wanted to!)


I DID NOT lay in bed Saturday until 10:00! I would never sleep that late! Teachers always wake up early - even on the weekends - right? And, I most definitely DID NOT get out of bed only to lay on the couch and watch one of the 3 movies I rented Friday. Me? Lazy? Never!

With only two days until my in-laws visit, I DID NOT spend the beginning of my Spring Break washing and folding two weeks' worth of laundry. I would never let dirty clothes pile up so! Besides, I NEVER freak out and go on a cleaning spree, becoming impossible to live with, when we have house guests! I am not that "anal."

I AM NOT worried about taking Farley to the groomer's this morning because his parents have failed to brush him since his last bath - whenever that was! I am NOT hoping that they have mercy on us and don't call the Humane Society! I would never neglect my baby in that way!


I DID NOT spend Sunday afternoon with my eyes glued to the television when the Dawgs beat Tennessee during the SEC championship, securing a spot in the NCAA tournament. And, during the last 20 minutes of the game, it was NOT so exciting that I gradually moved closer and closer to the television so that I could make sure not to miss a single play. And for pete's sake, my dad and I would NEVER text back and forth during such a game. He did not text "Dang right!" and "Shoot!" My mom would never take the effort to figure out how to text on her new blackberry to text "Whooooooo whooooooo!!!!!!" My parents are too old to text! That would never happen!

And, finally, it is absolutely, positively NOT Match Day on Thursday! I am certainly NOT a nervous wreck as I wait to see where Russ and I will spend the next five years of our lives during his residency! I am NOT the kind of person that needs a plan for my future. I've never been that way! Not me!

What have you NOT done this week?

post signature

6 comments:

Roan said...

Fun! Fun!
I would NEVER have anything to share in a NOT ME MONDAY blog carnival! Not ME!!


I am really not that brave! :)

Roan said...

I am NOT lying in bed at 8:30 in the morning on a SCHOOL DAY, still in my pajamas, blogging while Sam and Clay watch Dora the Explorer, while the girls are all still in bed.....remember, this is a SCHOOL day! I would never begin a school week in such a lazy manner! NOT ME!

Roan said...

Just to clarify! In response to your comment on my blog.....I actually woke up at 6:45, had my Bible study time in the kitchen with coffee, then I got back in bed with Sam when he got up and turned on the laptop!!
Sorry!!!

The Square Cupboard said...

I am praying for Memphis placement!!!

Jordan said...

that is so funny about the dancing! I remember in 6th grade Shucara Fry (not sure of the spelling) taught a bunch of girls how to dance in the bathroom. I think it was called the bus stop or something crazy!

Megan said...

Oh my! I forgot about good ole Shucara!! Haha!