Last week, I DID NOT go on a mini shopping spree at Ann Taylor LOFT. I most certainly would never need to buy new clothes because I have outgrown all my old ones! No way! I exercise often, eat healthy, and lift weights daily! There is no way I would need new clothes for school! And, if I were shopping, I definitely DID NOT buy new shoes just as the cherry on top! And, I'm certainly NOT obsessed with my new duds! Nope. Not me!

Last Monday I DID NOT travel to "the other school" in Oxford for a week long teaching workshop! I would never be so productive as to spend a week in a stinky, hot, bug infested, male, elevator broken, mold growing up walls in stairs, and shower shoe necessary dorm! Yuck! Absolutely not! If I did decide to go to such a workshop with such poor accommodations, I would without a doubt NEVER take a class titled "Teachers as Actors" and expect to sit quietly in the back row! I definitely know that such a title would require constant ACTING on the part of ALL teachers involved! No way! I would NEVER take such a class with a room full of teachers from around the state! And this so called class DID NOT require me to create a commercial for an upcoming lesson and a 2 minute snippet of a lesson using ACTING SKILLS we had learned - taking on a new character and grabbing the students attention. And, if I did go to a class that required such a thing, my commercial most certainly DID NOT look like this:
I DID NOT go on a major grocery shopping adventure just to sneak a box of Snickers Ice Cream Bars in the buggy. And, my husband and I DID NOT eat the whole box full! No way! Healthy is our middle name! We would never do that! And, if we did do that - which we DIDN'T - I would NEVER go back to Kroger to restock our freezer with another box. Nope! Not me!

Saturday, my dad and I DID NOT sit outside on my back porch for over an hour, while Russ and Lee slept, and Kristin and Mama shopped, watching - no, staring at my new hummingbird feeder to catch a glimpse of any takers. I would never allow my dad to buy us a lovely feeder so that we may steal some of the 50 hummingbirds from my neighbor's three feeders. I would never be that sneaky.
Yesterday, my sweet hubby DID NOT try to cheer me up by taking me shopping! I'm certainly not one of those divas that cheers up at the sight of new merchandise. Absolutely not! And, my favorite purchase is certainly NOT my new Wallflowers from Bath and Body Works - Autumn Apple for the living room and kitchen, and Sweet Pea for the back bedrooms. I'm NOT obsessed with "smell good stuff." Nope! I don't need that stuff to make my perfect home smell good! Not me! And, in return, I DID NOT settle for watching 2 and a half hours of the new Harry Potter movie! We never make trade offs like that. We always simply do these things to make the other happy - not to get the opportunity to get what we want. Ha ha! Not us!
I DID NOT pick up the latest People magazine just because I wanted to see what drama has unfolded with Jon and Kate! I am not that desperate for entertainment that I would read such a story. That's just not me!

And last, I DID NOT pay to simply drive through the parking garage so that I could leave a cute note on Russ's car. I would NEVER spend my hard earned money on such a thing! Not me!
What have you NOT done this week?
3 comments:
I bought that same magazine and then felt stupid for wasting my money, but at Aaron will have bathroom reading material for a while. Love you ROOOMMMIEEE!!!
Love it!
I have been wanting to buy trashy magazines too....just to read about Jon and Kate! But I have resisted because I have children at home, and I have to be a good influence! please email me what juicy info you found out!!!
Can you wear those new shoes to school?
Just found your blog! I so did NOT go to the gas station last night at 8 pm to get a Snickers Ice Cream Bar! Haha!
There delicious!
Post a Comment