It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

And, no, I'm not talking about Christmas. It's Girl Scout cookie time!! I remember, as a child, I couldn't wait to sell Girl Scout cookies. I almost think I joined just for that reason. Ha! I would go door to door in my neighborhood, hit up everyone at church, call my grandparents, and get my mom to call all her friends. I sold, sold, sold. And, OH, the excitement when the boxes of cookies finally came in. I'm sure my mom dreaded this part most of all as we had to deliver each box sold. As our dining room walls were completely lined with stacks of Girl Scout cookie boxes, I would just stand and stare in awe.

Yummo!! So, when one of my fellow teacher's daughter came to me with her Girl Scout cookie form...I gladly obliged. I probably would have hunted a Girl Scout down to find cookies to buy!


Although the names of the cookies have changed some and the price has greatly increased from the $1.50 that I sold mine for...the taste is just as good! Mmmm...mmmm!

What's your favorite?

Is it Samoas...formerly known as Caramel Delights? (And, YES, I did pose like a living Girl Scout cookie advertisement!)

Is it Thin Mints...always faithful and loyal both normal temperature and frozen?

Or is it something different? I can still remember what we ordered every year. Maw Maw and Paw Paw would always order Thin Mints and Lemon Delights. Nonnie and Pops would order Shortbread. I always loved Peanut Butter Patties. I think my top picks are still the same, but my favorites have shifted a bit.

Mmm. Just typing this makes me want a Thin Mint from the freezer. Gotta go! Now, next year...make sure your Girl Scouts give me a shout when they are selling those cookies. Ha!

post signature

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

peanut butter patties, OF COURSE!

Anonymous said...

caramel delights!!! I still call them by their old names!

Christy said...

I love the caramel delights and the shortbread cookies :)

As a Girl Scout Leader, thank you for buying them! HA! We didn't sell them as Daisy's this year but next year will be all about it.

Rossie said...

One box of Samoas gone, one box of thin mints gone. 1/2 box of Samoas left. 1/2 box of thin mints in the freezer. I just got them yesterday. I should have bought more. :)

Dennis said...

Remember when mom was Girl Scout Cookie Chairperson...? Like your hair that way! No cookies yet at the Smih house. :(

The Square Cupboard said...

LOVE THE TAGALONGS!!!

Yanker Me Timbers Mom said...

Megan, as your Girl Scout Leader, I agree "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" Caramel Delights are the best.

Dennis, I remember when Susan was the cookie chairperson. She was the best chairperson ever. I also remember all those cases of girl scout cookies my girls sold. We took lots of trips with the girl scout cookie money. What a great group of girls. Good memories.

Yanker Me Timbers Mom said...

Megan, That weird name I have was from a blog David was keeping when he was in Europe a year ago. I know it's strange, but it's me Jodi Dansereau. LOL