So, this weekend has come and gone. I would say that we are all standing around saying, "Now what?" But, we're not. There is still major clean up and disassembling going on around the Smith house. I'm hiding from it all, and sitting in a bedroom preparing to blog about all of this day by day. Ha! Russ and I came into town on Thursday night, and we began helping to put tables out under the tents. Have I told ya'll that the reception was in my parents' back yard? Several other out of town friends had arrived around the same time. When we all finally went to our hotels...or, for us, the Johnsons'...we found a nice surprise from the bride and groom.
Yes, the weekend had officially begun! Friday morning the Yayas held a bridesmaid brunch for Kristin and all her bridesmaids, mothers, grandmothers, and flower girl. Sherra hosted the event at her home, and it was just the cutest thing I'd ever seen! When Yayas throw a party, they do it up right!
Adorable backdrop hanging on the opposite side of the poolAll the girls looked so nice and summery as we visited around the pool. The food was so nice. I'll try to remember the menu. Let's see. We had Quiche Lorraine, cheese grits, fruit salad with mint garnish, biscuit, and a cupcake to die for! You'll see a picture of this later. I'm not sure if I spelled everything correctly...but you get the idea. Kristin was certainly dressed in her latest designer look, and it just went perfectly with the lovely brunch.
Maw Maw and Kristin
Jenny and Grace, the flower girl (and my neice)
Neeley, Bennett, Jenny, and Grace's table
Aunt Patsy, Clancy, Leann, and Emily Anne's tableIf you are not sure what a good friend looks like, you'll need to take a close look at this picture. The Yayas are true come to the rescue friends. They gave such a wonderful brunch for all us girls, Sherra allowed friends of the bride and groom to come over after the rehearsal dinner to swim and enjoy each other, and they spent all of their extra time (I'm pretty sure) helping to pull off this reception. Everyone should be so blessed to have a group of Yayas! Thank ya'll so much! Oh, and don't they look cute in their black and white!?
Now, I told you I'd get a picture of the cupcake. Let me just tell you about these cupcakes. Natalie came in town with Russ and me. These cupcakes were imported in from the great Jackson, MS, and they rode with us as well. Ha! It was a smooth ride after we rearranged the entire car's contents to fit these golden cupcakes. Well, we thought it was smooth. Until we opened the box when we got to Corinth. I wish I had a picture of Natalie's face. Mouth wide open. Five cupcakes toppled over completely. Russ was devastated! But, all is well. The Yayas did some doctoring, and they probably sacrificed their own perfect cupcake for a toppled one. Worth the import! Yummy! And detailed to perfection!
Not only did the Yayas surprise everyone with such a lovely party, Kristin surprised us with gifts as well.
The bridesmaids received earrings for the wedding and cute devotional books. Kristin surpised me with real pearl and diamond earrings! So pretty! Mama also surprised me with an anniversary gift. Friday was mine and Russ's five year anniversary! Kristin got one to match.
We couldn't let that cute backdrop go to waste. We used it up as much as we could! What better way than with pictures! First up, family shots!

The women in Lee's life: Aunt Becky, Lee's grandmother, Kristin, Rhonda, Sissy, and Mimi
The women in Kristin's life: Maw Maw, Aunt Patsy, Kristin, Clancy, Mama, and me








Once a bulldog, always a bulldog! 
2 comments:
We do love your "crazy" family! Enjoyed every minute of it! Thanks for posting pictures!
Love you,
YaYa Teri
i met your cousin clancy! we stayed at the holiday inn and i saw her and thought she looked familiar! she probably thought i was crazy cause i knew her name from you talking about her on your blog! wish we could have seen you!
Post a Comment