Yes. This post has finally come! You can all rest easy as I am now ready to sit down and blog about the actual wedding. Ha! Kristin and Lee were married, after MANY pre-wedding events, on June 5, 2010 at 7:00 PM. It was a beautiful wedding with beautiful people and GREAT fun!As you may remember from my earlier post, the girls were to be at the church to get ready at 2:00. Guys came around 3:00. What did everyone do for the 1-2 hours before pictures? Take a look yourself...
Once the wedding party was ready, everyone sat around and waited on the bride and her sister to get ready. We were a little behind. And by little, I mean VERY behind! Oops! Special thanks to Leann, Ally, Rhonda Greening, and Velva for helping all the Smith women get ready. As we approached the actual picture time...and I still had no make-up or hair finished, Ally and Leann came to my rescue! Phew! Thank goodness! Before Kristin went to see Lee for some alone time prior to pictures, Daddy got first glance.
Soon after, Kristin walked into the sanctuary to see Lee for the first time before pictures. I have absolutely NO idea what happened during those few minutes, but I'm pretty sure it involved something like, "You look purty." or "Are you ready?" Then, it was PICTURE TIME!
He took pictures of the bride with the kiddos...
The rest of the wedding party waited around, watched, and visited until it was our turn for a picture.Jenny and me
He took pictures of Lee's dad and his family...
Joe took pictures of Lee's mom and her family...
While we waited for guests to be seated and the music to begin, we took a picture with Neeley's family...


Joe took pictures of Lee's mom and her family...
While we waited for guests to be seated and the music to begin, we took a picture with Neeley's family...Soon, the wedding began. We all stood in the foyer as we listened to all the beautiful music and songs. Kristin's childhood friend, Charli, sang a special solo. That would be the moment when Kristin began to lose it. The tears began to trickle. I began to worry. Until I heard Dustin's "poot machine" go off. That's right. My precious brother, the one man wolf pack, pushed the button on his phone. The one that makes that sound. For some reason, it's hard for me to be emotional during such ruckus!
After the processional, we all watched the bride as she walked with Daddy down the aisle. It was a wonderful sight. She looked beautiful and very happy. Of course the tears came again. These were happy tears though. It's special for my dad to marry us Smith girls. Not just anyone can have their father marry them. We are truly blessed. Kristin and Lee stood together in front of a sanctuary full of family and friends to exchange vows for better or worse. I eavesdropped a little during the song, laughed to myself at the conversation, and laughed AT myself when Daddy couldn't get Lee's ring off my thumb. But, in the end, they were married.
Mr. and Mrs. Fred Lee Tull, II!

It was a beautiful wedding! And it was now time for the wedding party to jump on the "party bus," as we called it, and the guests to step onto the shuttles that took us to the reception.

And that's where the party begins...

He took pictures in front of the church...
He took pictures of the Smith girls...
He took pictures of the bride with all her bridesmaids...


4 comments:
Kristin was stunning! I am completely obsessed with the Smith family.
Kristin looked gorgeous, avante-garde... she's the cutest lil' fashionista!
You said it right - you are truly blessed. I was fortunate to have your sweet Daddy marry us - he's such a special man.
It was absolutely beautiful!
I have to tell you that my little boys got a little restless! We were seated at 5:30. First came the "How much longer till it starts?" Then after it finally started, "how much longer till it's over?" Ha! Before the ceremony even started, Sam had shed his coat and tie. During the ceremony, he used his coat as a kleenex! Yep, he wiped his nose on his coat.
Boys!
We girls really enjoyed it all. The music was beautiful.
I meant we were seated at 6:30!
And I forgot to tell you that you looked fabulous in your little yellow dress!
Post a Comment