Day Five - At Sea

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our fifth day started a little cloudy and rainy. No worries though! There was PLENTY to keep us busy on the ship. We spent most of our day playing darts, air hockey, and family time at the two bowling alleys. Yes, we had TWO bowling alleys on this ship! We stopped playing only for lunch at one of the included restaurants onboard and went right back to playing something else. We all voted that our bowling game was off because of the ship's movement. Ha! That just HAD to be it!

Once the sun peeked through the clouds, we all went to our rooms to change and headed outside. It was still a little cool with the breeze on top of the ship, so we all loaded into the hot tub. Remember, that I was severely burned on my legs. It took me a good 15 minutes to inch myself into the water. And, when I got out, I could barely move at all. Every time I put pressure on my feet, my whole leg was in pain. I suppose that was a bad decision after all! But it sure did feel good while I was in it!

Me, Russ, Dustin, Mary, Kristin, and Lee

We had an early dinner, so we didn't stay in the hot tub long before heading down to our rooms to get ready. Our dinner was at the Manhattan Room again, and it was just as delicious the second time! We enjoyed the band and the dancing from other passengers while we ate.

Mama and Daddy

Mary and Dustin

Kristin and Lee

Russ and me

After dinner, we had plenty of time to spare before the entertainment for the evening, so we went bowling again! We all bowled in our nice clothes and had a great time!


I think Mama may disagree. She left the game early to save us seats at Legends in Concert. I'm not sure if you've ever tried to save 8 seats by yourself before, but it's not easy. My mom is pretty good at it. But, apparently, our game lasted a little too long and put us there only 15 minutes before the show started. Mama had already gotten in trouble three times for saving seats and had lots of "evil eyes" from others looking for seats of their own. She says she is not doing that ever again! We had great seats though thanks to her!


Legends in Concert was a concert by people who LOOK and ACT and SING JUST LIKE the legends they represent. It was amazing! Rod Stewart, Brittney Spears, and Michael Jackson were the legends being honored tonight. I wish I had a picture of all of them and a video of them singing so that you could see how much they were JUST LIKE these legends. But, of course, we couldn't take pictures in the show. Russ and I did get our picture taken with Michael though.

In case you were wondering, Michael Jackson holds one of the most embarrassing moments of my childhood. It was the fourth grade talent show when I decided to perform my jazz routine to Michael's "Smooth Criminal." However, when the music started, I forgot every last move! I improvised by SKIPPING around in a circle for the full 4 minutes and 17 seconds of that song. OMG! So embarrassing! My mom recalls sitting there watching me skip around in that black and white striped leotard complete with a red sequined necktie and matching hat thinking, "What is she doing?!" Needless to say, I didn't win.

The legend, Michael Jackson

All in all, I'd say we had a wonderfully fun and relaxing day at sea. Our next and final port of call...COZUMEL!


post signature

No comments: