Snow Day 2011

Monday, January 17, 2011


So....unless you've been hiding under a rock for the past week, there was a major winter blast that came through last weekend. What that meant for us...SNOW! And COLD! For those of you who don't understand the rarity, we hardly EVER get snow! But, this snow was marvelous! Fluffy! White! Perfect! Exciting! Freezing! And it came in huge amounts!

Me and Farley

I was beside myself with excitement and INSISTED that Russ and I take Farley on a walk to get the mail. He hesitantly obliged, and off we went! The snow had just begun, and I was in love! Farley loved it too! I put my snow gear on top of my pajamas, and we headed out with a camera of course.

Russ and Farley

You can see how much it snowed between the time we left the apartment and the time we got back. Just look at the ground and compare! We snuggled back into our cozy apartment for a while peeking out the window every once in a while and giggling with excitement. We decided we needed to take Farley out just one more time, and this is what we saw...

Russ braving blizzard conditions....ha!

Yay! It was a winter wonderland! Russ was freezing and in a hurry. But, I just had to take a minute to build a mini snowman before we went back in! I could NOT miss this!

My mini snowman

When we brought Farley in, he was shivering from the cold and had chunks of ice hanging in his fur. Bless his little spoiled heart! He was not meant for the outdoors! Ha!

Brrrrr!

He was in desperate need of some snuggle time to warm up. But Russ and I were much too excited to go to sleep. So, we stayed up watching the news, peeking out the window, and talking about how pretty the snow was.

Snuggle time!

It's still snowing!

The next morning, I jumped out of bed when Russ got up for work. Unfortunately, hospitals don't close for inclement weather. And I couldn't wait to see what it looked like outside! We had about 5 inches of snow covering the ground!

Dr. Russ

Oh, how I wish he could stay home and play!

Bye bye!

Instead, Farley and I spent the morning looking out the window as all the children ran around building snowmen and throwing snowballs. I felt a little goofy going out there alone and building a snowman. But, Russ promised to build one with me when he got home from work. So we waited by the window...


Unfortunately, that night I came down with an awful stomach virus and didn't get to build my snowman. I was sad, but really didn't care at the time due to the hugging the toilet part. Yuck! I did make a trip to Corinth for work later last week, and I enjoyed some of their 8-10 inches of snow! Did you hear that!? It was insane! There were snowmen in almost every yard bigger than me! In fact, the snow really didn't melt much at all until Friday. Craziness! I've not seen that much snow since the 80's!

We had a ball! Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

post signature

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Miss it! It was truly a winter wonderland.

Dale and Holly said...

Megan, if you think snow is so novel, you should come visit me in ND. We get that kind of snow on a daily basis. Our snow is not peaceful, pretty, or fun. Its violent! And p.s. I got the stomach virus as well and I have to tell you that I wasn't sure if I was going to survive - boo to that one! It was aweful!glad you are better