I loved this trip! Every bit of it. In fact, I could've stayed an extra day or two just to shop. The outdoor mall was HUGE and had amazing stores all in one spot! It also had a heavenly spot right in the center! Cheesecake Factory! We slept in Friday morning and played around in the room. And, don't be deceived....us adults can still play! Ha! We ate a late lunch at Cheesecake Factory and were STUFFED! But, we all saved room for a phenomenal cheesecake!
After stopping in a few stores and...yes, purchasing more maroon...we got back to the hotel just in time to get ready for our evening. A night with 4,000 other Bulldogs! With the exception of Dustin and Mary, who went to the Dawg Pound New Year's Eve Party, the family went to the Alumni New Year's Eve Party. We pulled in around 7 or so and saw a huge crowd of people waiting to get in. This was the place to be. Somehow, Daddy formed a completely new line so we ended up being the first people in this particular line. He'll never reveal his secrets of getting to the front of lines or finding good parking spots, I'm sure! Ha! We waited until they opened the gates at 8.
Once we got in, Mama did what she does best...found a spot to save for the rest of us! Ha! There was music, dancing, a great view of the river perfect for fireworks later on, and lots of State fans fired up about a big game!
I was very excited for a couple of reasons. #1 - I got to spend the first moments of the new year watching fireworks on the river with my hubby in Jacksonville, FL with people all in love with MSU football! #2 - We got to spend the new year with some of my college friends. I was super excited about seeing my college roomie, Kelly and her her husband, Aaron! We go back a long way, and we can always pick right back up where we left off. I love this girl! In fact, I bawled my eyes out the night she got married and held a grudge against Aaron for taking her away...until his little incident in Iraq. Then, I forgave him. You're lucky you only have one leg, Aaron, or I might still be mad! Love you too!
And, to my surprise, we ran into more college friends on the dance floor during the "Cha Cha Slide!" Thanks, Van Winkle, for teaching me that. I was cool for just a few minutes! Ha!
Kelly, me, Kristin, Marcee, and CatherineRuss and I found food at some point, and we were SO happy! I talked Kelly into eating her first hot dog in 20+ years despite the nickname Aaron came up with for it. Hot dogs are yummy, aren't they Kelly? Ha! They were out of hamburgers, so she really didn't have a choice anyway.
Yep, that's my man! I'm so proud.As for the rest of the night, it involved dancing, dancing, fun, dancing, and more fun!
Just before midnight, Daddy motioned for us to join them on the balcony to get a better view of this....
Happy New Year!
I have a feeling it's gonna be a great 2011!


1 comment:
Love the picture of you and Russ kissing. :)
Post a Comment