I've Had the Time of My Life

Monday, January 10, 2011

At this point, I can hear the Dirty Dancing song, "I've Had the Time of My Life." I can envision running across this EverBank Field as I'm lifted by a Bulldog football player just like Patrick Swayze lifted Jennifer Grey. Ha! Yes, that's how I picture it! It was an unexpected performance that is the best I've seen to date! And, I had the time of my life!

Smith clan on game day

We arrived at EverBank Field early Saturday to avoid traffic and watch the team come in. Excitement was everywhere, and cowbells were ringing. Such a heavenly sound! I just know there will be cowbells in heaven! If not, I'll bring mine!

Gator Bowl 2011

It was immediately very obvious that the Mississippi State fans outnumbered the Michigan fans by quite a bit. No matter what, we would bring noise to this Gator Bowl! We joined the enormous crowd as we waited an hour for the team to arrive. Finally, we saw the buses! Cowbells rang. People cheered. I screamed. Signs were posted. Fun was had!

Here they come!

Here they are!

Once the team entered the stadium, it was a mad dash into the stadium with all the other 50,000+ State fans! Maroon was everywhere!

To my left...

In front...

To the right...

Fun reminder of the Egg Bowl just adds an extra smile

We enjoyed a pregame performance by former Lonestar lead singer before the teams took the field to play a little FOOTBALL!

I don't remember sitting much of this game. We were up cheering and ringing our bells for our Dawgs as they destroyed Michigan! There were a few records set, including Most Points Scored by a Winner!

The crowd was wild! It wasn't a nail biter, but we all know this game could have turned around quickly if our defense hadn't kept Michigan from scoring. They can score fast. But, not that day! Such a FINE way to RING in the new year!

Excited Party of Two

The few Michigan fans that were there, sneaked out before the game was even over and were completely gone by the trophy presentation. We cheered for our coach and players and Chris Relf for being awarded the MVP trophy!

Wrap that in maroon and white!

Daddy and Mama in front of the scoreboard

Me and Russ - Gator Bowl 2011

No one wanted to leave. We all just let it sink in, and dreamed of our upcoming 2011 season. We were so glad we came, and couldn't wait to book our bowl game for next year! I'll be cheering for our Dawgs all season in hopes of another fun-filled bowl game! My goal: BCS Bowl! In fact, we stayed so long that the Gator Bowl staff came up to ask us to leave! Ha! So we slowly and proudly exited section 217 ringing our bells all the way!

Outside we ran into a few friends and even family members! Everyone was just so happy. Hugging. Giving high fives. Ringing cowbells. Still cheering!

Mama and Roseanna

Holly, Warren (Russ's cousin), Russ, Will, and Emma

Bottom line...

It was simply SUBLIME! I've had the time of my life, and I owe it all to you Bulldogs!

post signature

No comments: