3 Months

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sweet Baby J,

Well, today marks three months since your daddy and I have been approved to adopt you.  I know this sounds like it has been just a number of days, but I must tell you that it seems like an eternity!  We know that the day we meet you, the difficult days will simply melt away.  We will be so overcome with love and thankfulness, I'm sure the hard times will not even cross our minds.

I haven't shopped quite as much for you this past month.  I did order you one cute sock monkey, and I LOVE him!  I hope you love him too!  Your room smells so good, by the way.  I found the long lost Island Margarita Wallflower I've been looking for.  Ha!  I know the name doesn't sound very much like a baby, but it is delightful!


This past month has been a month of great friends and prayer warriors!  We are forever grateful for the tens and hundreds of people praying for you, praying for your birthmother, and praying for us.  How do I know they are praying?  Well, we constantly receive texts, emails, messages, letters, fun gifts, and we still have new people ordering shirts!  Just last week, your "Aunt" Felicia and Pat sent us a fun package in the mail!  Felicia knows my love of Candy Corn, so she sent me a king size bag.  She also knows how obsessed I am with anything owl, so she sent a cute owl Wallflower plug, and they sent you a precious owl pacifier clip.  I love it!  For an October touch, they added a cute kitchen towel for fun!  Trust me...I will introduce you to the Robbins very soon after you join our family.  They are such a precious part of our lives and your journey.  We love them dearly!  And they love YOU!  If you are a boy, you will probably be best buds with Toby and Nate.  And, if you're a girl...well, we might just try to arrange a marriage with one of those little boys!  I can ONLY imagine the fun family holidays that would ensue!  Ha!


We haven't seen any placements online this month, so that helps keep me sane I think.  I sure would love for the next placement to be you.  I also know that God's timing is perfect, and I choose to wait on Him.  My heart is aching for you in my arms.  My eyes are dying to see your sweet face.  And my dreams are full of mystery when I dream about you, because I can't get a clear picture of your face. 

I know I tell you every month, Baby J, but hurry home!  We are ready to meet you, hold you, kiss you, teach you, and love you!  We pray for you every day...several times a day.  We pray for the angel who is carrying you, or will carry you.  We pray that you are growing strong (or will grow strong).  We pray that your first mother will allow the Lord to guide her as she chooses your forever family.  And, we pray that He use us to minister to her or comfort her however she may need.  We pray that you always feel the respect and pride for her that we already do.  I'm sure you will, because we will teach you to be proud of her decision. 

November is such a wonderful time.  It's a month that we all focus on giving thanks.  It is also National Adoption Month.  So, today, I'm especially thankful for adoption.  And, I'm thankful for your journey.  I never could have imagined such a wonderful journey!  God truly is able to do immeasurably more!  This journey has taught us so much...most importantly, it has taught us how to be totally dependent on Him and trust His plan and timing.  Adoption also gives such a tangible picture of what our Heavenly Father has done for us...adopting us into His family for eternity!  I'm so thankful for this experience.  I hope you will feel the same as you grow.

The holidays are coming soon, and I can't help but wonder if you will be here to enjoy our family celebrations this year.  I'm up for it!  Are you?  For the record, we would LOVE to welcome you into our family traditions this holiday season!  So, come on, little one!  We are waiting!  And, while we wait...we will trust God's timing. 

 Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.  Psalm 27:14

Love,
Mama

post signature

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful post, Megan!!! I cried reading it!! Baby J is going to be so blessed to have you as his/her mama!

Anonymous said...

Ok, my eyes are sweating. I love you. Daddy

Roan said...

Oh Megan,
Reading that made me cry! You are such a wonderfual Mama. Baby J will be home with you soon! I am still praying without ceasing for yall. God's timing is perfect, and when Baby J arrives, you will then know why it happened when it did.

Keep your chin up! :)

The Robbins said...

Tears!

Love yall and baby J so so very much!!!

Holly said...

Dropping by to visit from Kelly's Korner, and I'm really glad I did. :)

I am adopted and I blog about it quite a bit! I LOVE this letter you wrote, and the photo of the monkeys, too cute!

Also, I see on your sidebar that you're a teacher. I just finished grad school for education and am now applying for as many jobs as I can in the hope I will have one to start in January! I'm kind of excited, but also REALLY nervous, cos I just want to do everything right! Eek!

Definitely subscribing to your blog so I can follow along on your journey. :)