Thankful for Freedom

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I am thankful.

Today I am so thankful to live in a country where men and women fought and lost lives all for me to have freedom.  These men and women fought so that our God-given freedoms were not taken from us.  I'm forever grateful for precious friends who have served, or are serving, in our military.  I am thankful for their families who sacrifice as well.  Take time today to thank those who have fought tirelessly to keep our freedoms!

I am thankful, on election day, that I have the freedom to vote how I choose.  I am thankful that I have the freedom to speak out how I choose.  And, I am thankful to be able to debate topics without condemnation, but with facts and questions.  I am thankful for those who have listened, even without agreeing.  I am thankful for those who have taken a stand regardless of popularity, ridicule, name-calling, and fear.  I am thankful for those sweet friends who have taken a stand respectfully - full of facts, faith, and a strong desire to do the will of their Father.  I am thankful for friends earnestly searching out the facts to be as informed as possible.  I am thankful for the debates I have encountered, because through them I have been forced to research even more.  I am thankful that I am an INFORMED voter.

I am thankful for His Word that guides me in my decisions.  I am thankful that I was raised to stand up for what is right unashamed.  I am thankful for friends who challenge me to view all things, not just the "hot topics," through the lens of scripture. I am also thankful for those who don't condemn me for doing so.  I am thankful for friends who challenge me to accept the consequences of choosing what I know to be right. 

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13

But, most of all, I am thankful that my Creator...the One who creates life...is bigger than any of these issues facing us today.  I am thankful that I can leave all the "what ifs" in His hands and TRUST that He has control.  I am thankful that my past experiences have taught me more and more to trust Him and His will.

My prayer today is that all pro-life voters, no matter what the outcome, will come together for the lives of the unborn.  I pray that those who vote "no" will work as hard for "better" legislation as they have pushed against this one.  I also pray that those of us who vote "yes" will continue the fight just as much as we have throughout this debate and accept the responsibility that comes with our YES vote!
post signature

1 comment:

brianandsallyray said...

Hey Megan! My name is Sally Ray and I am actually friends with Jamie and I have met you in the store before! I actually worked for Jamie before having my little girl! Anyways, I love reading your blog and I respect you soo much! You have such a way with words!! Anyways just wanted to say hello and let you know I am praying for your sweet fam and I love following your journey to meeting baby J!! I am sure I will run into you soon at the store!!