It's officially November! A month of thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is so often overlooked between the fun of Halloween and the excitement of getting ready for Christmas. But, I love how Thanksgiving is a day set aside specifically for everyone to think about what they have to be thankful for. Shouldn't every day be a day of thanksgiving? YES! If you are in a rut, and you are having a pity party or are going through a blah time, I encourage you to get encouragement on giving thanks. One Thousand Gifts is one of the greatest, life changing, and thought changing books I've ever read. If you haven't read it, please do so. Ann Voskamp's writing style is a little different from most things I read. But I LOVE how her style forces me to really pay attention and dig in to the everyday miracles around me. It pretty much just thumps you in the ear (like your mom used to do during church) and wakes you up to the idea of being thankful and content right where you are.
I could certainly use a little thump right now. I somehow got stuck in a pity party as we wait aimlessly on Baby J. And, when I say "aimlessly" I mean no date to aim for. It could be tomorrow. It could be a year from now. We just have no idea. Yes, I know that God knows the perfect time. I know that. I still wish that he would share some of that information with me! Ha! So, I think I'll pick this book back up and get a good old fashioned thump in the ear. I need to stop pouting and live fully right where I am!
While I'm giving thanks, I'll start with a view of our refrigerator at the moment. This is what is covering my fridge today. Babies. All these precious babies born in the last few months. Some surprises, some prayed for and longed for, some planned for, and some miracles. All of these babies are pictures of HOPE for us. I join with these sweet families giving thanks for their precious lives.
So, today, I'm choosing to be thankful. I'm thankful for these sweet friends and their adorable itty bitty babes. Thankful that God has our Baby J picked out for us and thankful for all the prayer warriors keeping us going. What are you thankful for this month?

3 comments:
I'm thankful for YOU!
Daddy
That baby is coming! I don't know when, like y'all but I have the fullest confidence that God is going to put one in your arms. AND you are so right, we have so very much to be thankful for! He has blessed us all beyond measure!
Still praying,
Amanda
I am reading that book right now too, and can I just say, AMAZING!!!
Post a Comment