Thanksgiving with Russ's Side

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Friday afternoon, after a yummy breakfast at Cracker Barrel, my family headed north.  Russ's family usually has their Thanksgiving celebration on Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving since Roan and I spend Thanksgiving Day with our side of the family.  I didn't contribute much of anything to the meal, but my sister-in-laws did a fabulous job of making sure our tummies were happy!
Roan carving the turkey
Russ was able to come in Friday morning after working on Thanksgiving Day.  I was so glad he was able to celebrate with turkey and all the trimmings!  Family get-togethers at "Granmomma and Pop's" are always full of energy.

Leah, Sam, and Grace
The young kids run around playing, drawing, playing the piano, sewing, crocheting, and giggling.  The older kids sit around on iPhones or watching television.  Well...actually some of the adults do the same thing!

Seth, his friend, and Jimmy
We were able to catch up on all the  news and make plans for the upcoming holiday season.  We talked about work schedules, family parties, and Christmas Eve.  Actually, the girls talked about the plans.  I suppose the guys just do whatever we plan!  Ha!

Jeff and Russ
After gathering in the kitchen for the blessing, the moms dug in and started fixing little plates.  Everything looked and smelled SO good!  The guys ate their traditional meal in front of the television watching the Arkansas/LSU game.  I grabbed a seat with the ladies in the dining room...however, I chose a seat where I could see the game too!  I can't help it!  I'm obsessed with SEC football!

Grub grub!
Russ's mom enjoying her family in one place together!
Me and Russ
Russ's sister, Olivia, and me (and Farley!)
Brothers 
After supper, the grandkids brought down the tree and began decorating!

Elle and Will
Will and Olivia fluffing
Sam found the star to top the tree
While the kids fluffed, decorated, and lit the tree...the sister-in-laws joined Julie in a few games of Rumikub.  It was intense and competitive.  There were winners.  There were losers.  There were teasers.  And there were encouragers.  I'm not gonna tell you which I was! Ha!


The children nestled in and watched a holiday favorite...Elf.  We enjoyed a fun and relaxing evening with family!


We have so much to be thankful for!  May we remember to be thankful every day...not just on Thanksgiving.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan, your outfit is so cute! Love the leggings!
~Lesley Honer