Other Special Introductions

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Please excuse me while I rewind a little here.  We've been having so much fun with Millie Janalee and getting everyone caught up on her adoption story, I failed to talk about some other very special introductions!

Susu, me, Millie Janalee, and Pops
Most of you know that my grandfather is in a nursing home now.  It was too much for us to get him out and to the placement ceremony, and he would have been completely confused.  He has some dementia and it's gotten worse over time.  Instead, we waited until the next day.  Russ, my mom, me and Millie Janalee went to pick him up from the nursing home where the nurses bathed him, put on fresh clothes, and washed his hands.  We brought him to the hotel to introduce our girl.  He never even knew she was in the back seat the whole time!  It was a sweet moment for four generations to enjoy this new life.

Millie Janalee, Rachael, and Jimbo
We ended up staying a couple of nights in the hotel, so two of my college friends stopped by to meet Millie Janalee.  Rachael and Jimbo were both in our wedding.  They have a little boy, and they have prayed with us as we waited for Miss Millie Janalee.  Kelly was my college roommate.  She made Aaron stay in the lobby with her two boys, but we went down so he could see her too.  Kelly and Aaron were also in our wedding, and they have prayed daily for us throughout our journey.  Kelly actually knew a few days before Millie Janalee was born.  I think her text went something like this:

"Shut the front door!"
"AHhhhhhhhhh"
"holy cow oh my gosh oh my gosh!!"
"I have been praying so hard and waiting for this text! Sobbing like a little turd right now."

All in perfect Kelly fashion.  I would expect nothing less!

"Aunt Kelly" and Millie Janalee
Russ's mom had a stomachache and was not able to come to the placement ceremony to meet her namesake.  She came to our apartment a few days later to meet her.  She is certainly in love with our girl!  She keeps saying over and over that no amount of pictures can do her beauty justice.  Granmomma actually called the other day while I was home just to hear Millie Janalee's voice.  I was feeding her, so I took the bottle away and put the phone to her ear.  Granmomma just talked and talked to her...and Millie Janalee started yelling for her food.  Ha!  Granmomma wanted to hear her voice, and she certainly did! 

Granmomma, Daddy, and Millie Janalee
Granmomma with our Party of Three
Another special introduction was meeting Ms. Melinda.  Ms. Melinda has prayed and prayed for this sweet girl long before she was born.  Probably long before she was conceived!  She couldn't wait to meet Millie Janalee!  Melinda knew a little early too.  She and another family friend got our bassinet ready, and it is beautiful!  Millie Janalee loved it too!  She sleeps in it every night!

Millie Janalee and Ms. Melinda
Ms. Linda is Jamie's mom.  She was a great sounding board while we waited on Millie Janalee's birth.  You see, 29 years ago, Ms. Linda was in our position.  She knows the waiting.  She knows the last minute plans.  She knows adoption, and she always had great advice.  It was a joy to share our story and our girl with Ms. Linda!

Ms. Linda and Millie Janalee
A week or so ago, another college roommate made the trip to visit us and meet Millie Janalee.  Jennifer has three children now, and she and her husband have also prayed for us long before Millie Janalee was conceived.  When I texted her Millie Janalee's picture with our announcement, she called and left the most amazing voicemail.  I saved it.  She was in tears with joy!  She brought Millie Janalee a few gifts with a card that read, "Miracles do happen!"  I love this girl!  And she loves my girl!

Me, Jennifer, and Millie Janalee
There have been so many special introductions, and I hate I don't have pictures of all of them.  There are even more introductions to come.  Millie Janalee has so many waiting to see their answered prayer.  Waiting to see this miracle.  She is one special girl, and her story has touched so many!  I am honored, humbled, proud, and thrilled to be chosen as Millie Janalee's mama!
post signature

1 comment:

lindsey_marsh77 said...

I've been following along on your journey to your sweet, sweet girl. She is absolutely precious and beautiful! Love the name Millie Janalee. And by the way, your family looks SO fun and I can tell they are just smitten with your girl. Congrats!