All good things must come to an end.
I don't know why, but they do. Saturday morning, Millie Janalee woke us up in true early bird fashion. So we began the challenging job of getting ready and packing up. We loaded a few things the night before, and that made our morning much more organized. It was organized chaos in our room. But we made it.
When I came out of the room, three or four of my family members were sporting their Not So Plain Jayne t-shirts, so I grabbed mine and we headed out to the balcony for a group picture.
It has become tradition that "on our way out of town" we stop by Destin for shopping and lunch. I use "on our way out of town" loosely, because it's not actually on our way out of town. But, no one wants to waste a sunny beach day on shopping. So we use our travel day as a shopping day. We all split up (which was nice) to expedite the shopping excursion. Then, we met back up for lunch at Buster's. Let's just say that Millie Janalee has an entire closet full of new summer clothes from Susu. I think we can make some last on into fall. I would hate to think what her preferred status is at Janie and Jack now. Me? Oh, I spent all of Millie Janalee's spending money from her Daddy at Carter's for new pajamas in 12-18 month sizes. Annnnnd, I may have used the leftover (and some of my own) on an Ariel doll and Disney figurines at the Disney Outlet. Don't judge. You didn't see her face light up when she saw the wall full of Disney princesses. It was priceless, and I just melted! If she could use her words, I'm sure I would have bought whatever I could afford.
Actually, that's pretty much what I did.
After lunch, we all said our goodbyes while Dustin, Sheila, Daddy, and Mama left for home. The rest of us finished up our shopping before leaving Destin near 5:00. Yep. That made for a 1:30 am arrival at home. And a very sleepy Mama, Daddy, and baby.
Worth. Every. Mile!

1 comment:
I love it!! And I'm sure all the clothes are adorable, because I've never seen her in anything but the cutest clothes, ever! =)
Post a Comment