Sunny Relaxation {Day 4}

Friday, June 14, 2013


By Wednesday, everyone had gotten the thrill of the first day out of our systems.  Everyone had a day to recover from the sunburn from said excitement and lack of sunscreen in hopes of getting a level five tan on day 1.  So by Wednesday, we were ready to relax!  Millie Janalee donned her latest in baby fashion-forward swimwear for her morning photo shoot.

It may or may not have worn her out...

Daddy studying under his umbrella on the beach
Now, he is not blood.  You can tell this because of his umbrella usage.  There have been several years that my dear, sweet husband never came out from under the umbrella.  This year was not one of them.  Unless he was relaxing while Millie Janalee napped.  As for the rest of our family...no umbrellas.  Soak in the sun!

Unless of course, I happen to bring umbrella headgear.  Now that's an umbrella worth using!

Dustin and Sheila
Like I said, everyone took this day to relax and enjoy the Vitamin D provided by the great PCB sun!  Most of us fell asleep at one point or another.  Some sang.  Some visited.  By the way, look at that water!  Did I mention how crystal clear it was?!  Even on into day 4!

Daddy asleep, no doubt
Kristin getting her tan on...with SPF 30-60!
Let me make this clear.  SOME of us relaxed.  Then, there were the ones who played.  Millie Janalee splished and splashed around in her pool while pulling up on the umbrella pole.  I'm quite sure that wasn't the safest move.  Refer back to the day Dustin may or may not have broken one of those umbrellas.


While Millie Janalee did her own thing, I asked Russ to be in charge of keeping an eye on her while I closed mine.  Next thing I know Russ and Dustin are busily playing in the sand.  Taking Millie Janalee's toys and buckets from time to time.  They were busily building a sandcastle...a sea turtle.  I think the goal was for Russ and Millie Janalee to build a sandcastle.  Or as I suggested the night before, "Why don't you show Millie Janalee how to build things in the sand."  Which resulted in this...


Did you see Millie Janalee engaged in the sandcastle building process?  Yeah.  Me either.  I'm pretty sure if she crawled over there to get a closer look, the boys would have repositioned her back into her pool so as not to mess up their masterpiece.

Which actually turned out to be merely a practice piece.


What Russ did do was show Millie Janalee the finished product.  All the way down to the crabs crawling on the turtle's shell.  Or maybe they are catching a ride like Crush in Finding Nemo.  It's the least he could do, I suppose, since they used all Millie Janalee's toys.  I'm pretty sure I witnessed one of the boys take a toy directly from her hand.  Poor baby!

Daddy, Millie Janalee, and Crush
Mama and Millie Janalee checking out the waves
It was a full day of sunny relaxation on the beach.  Millie Janalee and I stayed out all day.  We brought lunch down that morning so we could take it in without interruption.  The sun was shining, and we still managed to keep our umbrellas down.

We don't use them, remember.

On principle.

Unless they come in some variety of fun headgear.  We're always up for good headgear!


June 5 is Kristin and Lee's wedding anniversary.  Yep.  Our beach vacations are filled with family romance.  Ha!  Kristin and Lee invited us to join them at Margaritaville for dinner and "whatever" afterward.  We decided to play it by ear and see what we felt up to after dinner.  While I finished getting ready, Millie Janalee hung out with Auntie Kristin watching Sprout and sucking her toes.  She was getting ready for a fun night "in" with Pawpaw, Susu, Uncie Bucket, and She She.


Once Russ and I were ready, everyone posed on the balcony for the traditional "going out to dinner" and "anniversary" shots.  I love our view at sunset.  The sun sets just to the right of these pictures.  We can sit out there and watch the sky change colors as the sun slowly lowers behind the horizon of the ocean.

Kristin and Lee
My sweet family!
After dinner, I suggested we all walk out on the pier.  I hadn't done this since I was a child, and I thought it would be a "romantic" thing to do.  That is until we learned it cost $3 each.  From that moment on, we tried to make sure we "got our $3 worth!"  Ha!  Nevermind that by the time we reached the end of the 1500 foot pier, it started pouring down rain.  Visualize us running as fast as we can back to the entrance while fishermen sling fishing poles and hooks over their shoulders nearly catching Kristin once.  Ha!


Yes.  So romantic.

A relaxing and romantic day of vacation.
post signature

1 comment:

Tamara James said...

It looks like you all had an absolute blast! My family camps in St. Andrews State Park in PCB every Labor Day. We always have the best time! I just have to ask, where did you get the umbrella headgear? I must own one! Love it!