My Uncle Howard gave Nonnie a "Squirrel-Be-Gone" for her birthday! Hilarious! It's a bird feeder that keeps the squirrels out. Apparently, this has been a problem in the past.
After cake and gifts, Clancy and I began teaching "Cell Phone 101" beginning with: Push the green button to talk. Pops was having trouble working his cell phone, so we tried to help out several times.
Finally, Clancy wrote out directions. Apparently, Pops was not understanding her written directions. Therefore, Clancy calls out, "Megan, you're a teacher. Write him directions he can understand! Mine aren't worth anything." So, I rewrote them with illustrations. Maybe he will be able to keep up with this piece of paper. After a few more "practice calls" to Clancy, Uncle Howard, and myself...Pops began to grasp how to find a name, press send, and hang up. I hope he can remember!
All in all, it was a great night! Russ and I had a lot of fun! Happy Birthday, Nonnie! I hope there are many more to come!!!
2 comments:
Megan, I don't think I've met you but I'm in Russ' class at UMC. Anyway, this post made me think of my Papa b/c he used to wear those jumpsuits all the time! So cute!
Thanks for being there for Nonnie and Pops! Love you!
Post a Comment