Quirky Dog

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yes, my dog has a few quirks - to put it nicely. My parents kept him for a week this summer, and the one thing they said was, "He is so quirky!" You can't help but love him for it! It's SO darn cute! A few of his quirks include: jumping and barking at the television ANYTIME an animal with four legs comes on tv (or Reba - he loves that show! It's hilarious!), jumps on and hangs on to your leg - using both paws - anytime two people are hugging, stretches on your leg (like a cat) when he wants to have attention, stays in bed unmoving while we get ready in the morning...until he knows we're leaving, attacks windshield wipers, scratches relentlessly on the sheets (like he's cleaning a spot) until it feels "just right," sleeps with his head on Russ's pillow until Russ gets in bed (which can be late if he's studying), races from the front to the back of the house at the speed of lightning when he's excited. These are just a few! I figured you were getting bored by now, so I stopped.

Anyway, I was in the kitchen cooking dinner Tuesday night when Russ started laughing and whispered for me to "Come see this." When I walked in, this is what I saw. I immediately went for the camera.



This is another one of his 'quirks.' Sometimes, we'll notice that it's been way too quiet for a while...so, we'll go looking for Farley...only to find him laid out in his bed. His bed stays in the kitchen because that's where he stays when we're gone. But, if he wants that bed elsewhere, he gets it there! Occasionally, we'll see Farley pass us in the hallway dragging his little bed behind him! It is SO funny! The bed is bigger than he is! Apparently, Tuesday, he wanted his bed near his "perch" on our chair. So typical!

post signature

2 comments:

Dennis said...

AHHHH. Now that's quirky!

Anonymous said...

life is so interesting with a little pup around!!! he is too, too cute!

natalie levanway