The Big Reveal!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I know some of you are wondering where the final pictures are of the Extreme Home Makeover - wood floors. Well, since all this started, we haven't had our desktop plugged up...so blogging has taken a back seat! I'm on Russ's laptop now, and I'm ready to post pictures! Russ, Pat, and Matt did an incredible job on the floors! I absolutely LOVE them! I have fallen asleep in the living room for the past few nights....just laying here enjoying my new floors, rug, and - YES - my new entertainment center!!!!!!! Yay!!! I found one at Miskelly's 40% off and Russ said, "Let's just go get it!" I think he was just overwhelmed with pride over our finished floors! When Russ and I first married, we spent the first year of our marriage with our television sitting on a green cooler that Russ had since high school. After a while, we just got used to it. Ha! Then, my college roommate, Kelly, gave us her bed, mattress, and nightstand from her high school bedroom. The bed still sits in our guest room and sleeps wonderfully! And the nightstand has held up our television for the past 3 years! Our DVD player and Playstation (along with the guitar from Guitar Hero and dance mat from Dance Dance Revolution) and all our million DVD's sat out in the open in our living room. It really looked pretty bad. But, after a while I didn't even notice! Ha! ANYWAY....it just didn't seem right to disgrace our new lovely wood floors with the same entertainment "area," so we bought our television a new home! It's beautiful! We also completely rearranged our living room. So, we've been a bit busy...and I'm now ready to reveal the final product. Enjoy!

The view from our dining room- notice the new rug and the new painting on the wall!

Our front door

The view from the front door

The hallway and dining room view

View of dining room from the front door

The hallway
This was the biggest project with all the thresholds and corner cuts, etc. The closets even have wood floors!!!

The floors look amazing, don't you think? Thank you so much, Russ, for my favorite Christmas present EVER!!!

12 comments:

The Robbins said...

It looks amazing! I am so happy we were able to hang out while the guys worked! I also enjoyed helping decorate! It's ALL gorgeous! I had a blast!!! Love you hun!

The Robbins said...

You need to put up before pics to compare!

Unknown said...

Looks WONDERFUL!!! I really like the entertainment center, too.

Dennis said...

WOW! Looks absolutely amazing! Can't wait to take it all in in person. Great job to ALL!

Roan said...

That is an amazing transformation! Where is the piano?

Roan said...

Oh! I see the piano now. So where is your "computer desk" and computer? Also, guess what? The entertainment center looks just like the one we have in our bedroom!

Lynn said...

I was just asking Roan tonite about you and your home improvement! It all looks beautiful and so,so nice and neat! You all did a wonderful job. Isn't it so nice to be able to enjoy it now?!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I have such a talented son in law. :-)
I am a bit jealous. I want wooden floors, but haven't been able to get them. :-(
Love you,
Mama

Kristin and Lee said...

whoa whoa...where's the other painting you HAD to have, miss priss?!

Kristin and Lee said...

oh yeah,...and it looks GREAT! yay!

Roan said...

Roasted Potatoes
Cut up the potatoes (I use half sweet and half regular) into about 3/4 in. slices. Toss with olive oil (I don't know how much!). Add salt to taste. I also add dried rosemary to 3/4 of them....Jimmy does not like the rosemary. Then place them on a jelly roll pan (big metal pan with 1 inch sides!). Bake at 450 for 30 minutes or so. Delicious!

Anonymous said...

OMG it looks wonderful! I am so impressed! Can't wait to see it when we are in Jackson again!

YaYa Teri