God in the Small Things

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

On a week like this has been for me, it is so refreshing to see God in the small things. When you work with children, you can't help but catch a glimpse of His goodness every once in a while. We took mid-terms this week. As students were finishing, they began to pull out books to read. I walked by Tyrell and smiled to myself. Wow! Of course, I ran and got my camera. Then, I thanked God for showing me Himself in the "small things" - Tyrell. He was glued to his Gideon Bible...not even taking his eyes off the pages for a second! When I finally had to ask him to put it away and listen, he stuck it into his cargo pocket of his pants for easy access. So cute

-----------------------------------------------

P.S. - Don't forget to get on your knees today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so great! I love reading about your mission field!

FYI- When this came across in my feed reader this morning (Google Reader), the text was itsy bitsy... Like size 4 font or something. I couldnt read it! I thought you might want to know in case it happened for your other subscribers too!

Miss you, buttcrack!

Unknown said...

That is so cool! You just never know what kind of impact you'll have OR what kind of impact your kids can have.

Roan said...

Hey Megan,
When do we get the BIG REVEAL of the makeover?
Also, for some reason my phone no longer beeps every minute until I read my texts, so if you text me and I don't get right back to you....that it why!
Talk to you soon.

Liesa said...

You have a valentine at my blog.
you're welcome to pick it up anytime. Happy Day to ya.