Who Are You Pleasing?

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I took an idea from Roan and created a bible study binder. Of course, I took my own twist on it...but for the most part its the same. I really enjoy using it and keeping all my bible study materials organized in one binder. (a pretty one I might add! yes, I went in search of a "pretty" binder at Target and found one. ha!)

I began going through Galations 1 today. I have begun to take a chapter of the bible at a time. While reading through the chapter, I choose one verse that I can apply to my life at the moment. Then, I write that down in my Bible Study Notes section of my binder and reflect on that verse and how it applies to my life.

Today, the verse that I chose was Galations 1:10:
" Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."

My reflections:

- I am guilty of being a people pleaser. This verse tells us to stop worrying about pleasing people. Start worrying about pleasing God and follow His will. God is the one approval you need! Who else is higher?! NONE!

- Please God and do your work to the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 10:31 "Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God."

- Teaching has become so much about pleasing administration and pleasing parents. At times, we lose sight of our purpose - shaping the lives of our youth. How much greater is seeing Jesus in/through me than learning multiplication facts and having high test scores?

- Working for His glory - not a stumbling block - God's work ethic should be ours! So, do your work well!

- Ask yourself: "Does this action glorify God?" or "How can i glorify God through this?"


Challenge:
Make an effort to glorify God in your actions - no matter how small or large.

- at home
- at school
- blogging (ha!)
- with friends
- with family


Do these things so that you may say as Paul did in Galations 1:24 "And they praised God because of me."

2 comments:

Roan said...

I like your binder idea! What does it look like? Thanks for the encouraging words. We all need to slow down and remember who we are striving to please.

Liesa said...

HI MEGAN. ENJOYED THIS POST.

YOU HAVE A SPECIAL AWARD TO PICK UP AT LIFE BY GEORGE!

HAPPY DAY TO YA.