Mother's Day

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mama with all her little Smithites

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there! Mother's Day is typically a difficult day for me with the baby dedications and sweet tributes to moms during the church service. However, I feel like I'm getting much better at it! I have faith and trust God that one day it will be my time. With that said, we had a very enjoyable Mother's Day. Emotional? Yes. But, still a great day.

Mama asked several years ago that we PLEASE eat at home on Mother's Day and avoid the long lines at restaurants around town. So, that is what we do! Mama fixed a fantastic lunch! In fact, she fixed TWO fantastic meals. My dad has been begging her to fix some Cajun food sent from New Orleans by a church member. Since Russ was there, and he will eat anything that doesn't eat him first, this was Daddy's best chance to have the Cajun meal he had been asking for. However, my mom knows her girls all too well. No way was I nor Kristin about to eat seafood or chicken gumbo or that gross looking alligator sausage! So, she also fixed a roast with her yummy crock pot mac and cheese, rolls, and salad. There was also fruit/dip. Lee and his mom celebrated with us also, and she brought a delicious lemon pie. It was a feast! Too bad that the moms are the ones who slaved over the stove! Ha! I did fix lunch for everyone Saturday. Does that count as a Mother's Day "happy?" Ha!

And no special day is complete without pictures!!! I suppose Russ's camera has come in quite handy...even after I was opposed to it at the beginning. Russ, I was wrong. You were right! (Write that down! It RARELY happens!)

My mommy and me

It was my Mother's Day too! After all, Farley is treated like any human baby would be!

Daddy and his mom

We were so glad Pops was able to spend Mother's Day with Mama! It has been years since he has been able to travel to Corinth. With Nonnie in the hospital, he had the freedom to do that.

And, of course, Russ and I had to pose too!

Russ and I have been so blessed to have such wonderful, Christian mothers to teach us and guide us as we have grown...and are still growing! Thank you so much, Mama and Mom, for all your sacrifices. Thank you for showing us what kind of parent we want to be. We love you both very much!
post signature

No comments: