She Can Do It All

Tuesday, May 19, 2009


Guilty. I am guilty of being a huge fan of Dancing with the Stars! This is one show that my grandmother and I can talk about for days! Ha! I actually vote! This year grabbed my attention for two reason: Melissa from the Bachelor (you know, the one that he chose and then dumped for the other girl on national tv!) and Shawn Johnson (the face of the Olympics!). So you can imagine my excitement to see that they were BOTH in the final tonight! To be honest, I was pulling for Shawn the entire time. One, because she is so young and cute! Two, because she seems to be a seriously sweet and genuine person. It was unpredictable coming into the finals for sure! However, after Shawn's freestyle routine...I was hooked. Watch and see.



Early in the season, we watched Shawn Johnson turn from a sharp, accurate Olympic gymnast to a graceful, elegant dancer. One of my favorite ballroom dances was from Week 5.



So, tonight...Shawn Johnson took home the famous mirror ball trophy, beating Gilles (from Sex and the City - great dancer, but I wasn't a big fan of his message!) by less than 1 percent! Yay for the "short one," as she was so often referred to.

She can do it all!

post signature

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I was so excited to see that she won! I was all prepared for Gilles to win and was so happy when Shawn won!!

Unknown said...

I was SO excited that Shawn won! Gilles was good and I thought he would win but...yay, Shawn! I didn't get attached to Gilles b/c I had no clue who he was (until you clued me in!). I'll be interested to see if this dancing intensive changes her gymnastics any, assuming she continues to compete.

Roan said...

Okay, I saw a glimpse of this show recently. Is the Melissa you are talking about the same Melissa that is a former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader? I remember her from tryouts 2 seasons ago. The Melissa I saw on DWTS was Melissa from DCC. Did she get dumped on the bachelor thingy?