February Flurries

Friday, February 12, 2010

Finally! After all the snow around Mississippi this winter, I finally get to see some! The last two times it snowed here, Russ and I were out of town. Typical. So, I woke up at 5 this morning, turned on the news immediately to see if we had school, and snoozed a little while longer when I found out that JPS was closed. As soon as the sun was out, Farley and I couldn't wait any longer. I put my Uggs on over my pajamas and headed out with my camera. You know, just in case it melts before Russ gets home today.


It's snowing in my front yard!


It's snowing on my street!


It snowed on Kristin's car!

It snowed in the back yard too!

I just let Farley run around in the back yard for a while. He hasn't seen snow since he was a baby...and I'm pretty sure what he saw doesn't count. I know this snow doesn't count for a lot of you, but it does for me! Farley wasn't sure about it at first, walking under plants and on stepping stones to stay out of the snow. But, eventually, he went to exploring and eating the snow.

Not real sure about this.

Okay, Mom, I can go look around now.

I think he likes the snow!

According to the weatherman...and we all know how reliable that can be sometimes...we should get a couple more inches today. The high is 32 and the low tonight is 26. So, maybe it will stick around for a little while longer. I'm gonna shower, dress, and get back out in the snow when Kristin and Lee get up and going. And I hope Russ will get to play too. We'll see.

Happy Snow Day!

post signature