Kristin's Bachelorette Party - Yaya Style

Monday, February 22, 2010

We're Back! Back from a fun-filled weekend with the one and only Yayas! This weekend, we celebrated Kristin's initiation as a Junior Yaya with a bachelorette party Yaya-style! Of course, I couldn't get off work early. When you teach, it's like that. There are 25 children who depend on us. I digress. Anyway, after work Friday, I headed north to Corinth where half the Yaya group was waiting on me. The other half went ahead to "prepare" the room in Nashville. It was a fun ride with Mama, Kristin, and Yaya Terri. We had the music blarin', singin', and laughin' our heads off!

When we arrived in Nashville, the other Yayas led us into the room first so that we could all see Kristin's reaction when she entered the Yaya Bachelorette Zone!

I think she liked it! And, why wouldn't she?! Look at what she saw!

The Yayas did a wonderful job of planning every detail and decorating so great! I loved it! I'm sure Kristin did too. The Yayas immediately dressed Kristin for the occasion.

There were little touches EVERYWHERE! Every time we turned around, we saw something else. Here are a few of the cute touches. Click to enlarge.

You would think everyone would be exhausted after traveling and decorating so extensively. But, the Yayas were having a fine time until after 3:00 AM. Crazy! There were eight of us in one suite with a fold-out couch and blow up mattresses. Nothin' like eight Yayas together in one room! LOVE IT!

The next morning, we all eventually woke up and dressed to hit the streets. We spent the first part of the day walking the streets of downtown Nashville.

We ate lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. After lunch, we found a horse and carriage ride while we were perusing the downtown area. We decided to tour downtown on wheels instead of foot.

After checking out the area, we decided there were just too many places we wanted to go and not enough time. So, we walked quickly back to the hotel to dress for the night and headed out by...are you ready? 3:00!

Anytime the Yayas are getting ready for an event, you NEVER know what will happen! For example, I walked into the back only to see Yaya Vicki wearing these:

How hilarious!!! You should have seen her trying to walk in these!

Obviously, those shoes wouldn't fit our purpose, so Vicki put the insanely funny shoes up and put on her boots!

Remember when I said that I wasn't sure what surprises were in store? But, there is one thing I know for sure...cowboy boots!

And, I was right!

The whole crew ready to go! Look at those outfits!

Take a look at how we looked and sounded walking down the streets Saturday afternoon...



Apparently, our sashes were a little fickle. Our letters kept peeling off. Although Mama had a stapler in her purse (and, no, I have no idea WHY she had a stapler in her purse!), she quickly ran out. The Yayas got creative and began hanging the letters on sunglasses and earrings.

Now for the fun! Our first stop was a little dramatic, but ended with good stories to laugh about later. Kristin had a great time, and she was called on stage to sing! The Yayas stood right in front of the stage and sang along and screamed. People stopped us to take pictures of and with us. It was hilarious! I'm sure they are thinking, "Interesting group. Five Senior Yayas and 3 Yaya Juniors."

After our first stop, we walked around a little more. We finally decided it was time for FOOD. So, we made our way to Wildhorse Saloon. We grabbed a table just off the dance floor and ordered.

The food was delicious! Especially the fried dill pickles! About the time we were finishing up our food, it was time for a line dancing lesson!

The night continued with freestyle, good time, Yaya dancing...

Yaya line dancing...

Yaya bride recognition on the dance floor...

And, Yaya Macerena!

I wish there was a way for me to describe, in words, the moves we saw from these ladies. I would especially love to have video of my mother trying to learn the line dances only to end up do-si-do-ing with Teri while everyone else on the dance floor danced in unison! There is no controlling a Yaya...especially when they are multiplied!

The Yayas were all very creative with their sashes by the end of the night!

Who knows!

Like I said...NO CONTROL!

Yaya Juniors

The whole Yaya crew

Around midnight, we decided to walk around a little more and made one more stop for some karaoke. The list was an hour and a half long wait, so we didn't get to sing. We watched others make fools of themselves before flagging down a cab to take us back to the hotel. Don't fool yourself! We weren't even close to going to bed! In fact, we ordered pizza around 1:45 AM, dressed in our cute Bride's Posse t-shirts Vicki made for us, and climbed on the couch for a group shot.

Once again, it was 2:00 or 3:00 AM before we all went to bed. Even then, there were giggles and noises going until wee hours in the morning!

Sunday, we leisurely woke up, got ready, and packed up before heading to Pancake Pantry for a yummy and delicious breakfast!

Can you honestly say that you've had this much fun with your mom and her friends? I mean...seriously. The Yayas know how to have a good time!

Yaya!

Yep, yep!

post signature

6 comments:

Roan said...

So glad yall had such a fun time. What great memories!

Terri said...

FUN! These are memories you will ALWAYS treasure! Too bad you do not live closer...I would bribe you to join the exuberant YAYA group! LOL

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT......LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to send me the other pictures! Thanks so much for taking them! IT WAS A GREAT WEEKEND! Can't wait until the next one gets married!
YaYa Teri

katie ray said...

i love these pictures, and have been waiting to see them! wish i could have been a fly on the wall! glad ya'll had a fun weekend:)

Terri said...

I have an award for you over on my blog!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! I love this idea for mothers and daughters! I may have to steal it when my girls get older!