Valentine's Day

Monday, February 15, 2010

What did you do for "love" day?

Russ had to work Sunday, so when he came home I made sure to be dressed in pink with a surprise at the front door. This is what it looks like to be on a tight budget:


I think he liked it though...budget or not. It's the thought that counts, right?

Russ was so excited to pose while reading his card. Ha!

Russ also had a Valentine happy for me! Yay! You remember how we fought over the almond Christmas Kisses? Well, now I have my very own! I may share if he's nice.

My favorite part...the kid-like writing on my Valentine. Ha! Russ said he felt like a kid checking out with it.

After Russ got home and we all watched the Daytona 500 (We can thank Leeroy for that!), we all dressed a little nicer and made our way to Char. Russ and I got the better deal, because we ate on a gift card! Ha! Remember we're on a budget! But, we had a great time with Kristin and Lee laughing, talking, and eating some amazing food!

Kristin and Lee trying to decide what to order

Lucky in love!

All in all, it was a great Valentine's Day spent with my "special" Valentine!

post signature

3 comments:

Christy said...

That is so sweet! He did a good job :) I love the simpler Valentines anyway-they just seem to mean more because despite the tight budget, ya'll still did something for each other.

Christy said...

It's me again...

I just found out that we have a mutual friend, Jennifer. Well, I am more friends with her parents and I take care of her little boy at Mother's Morning Out :) Her parents teach my Sunday School class and are good friends of my inlaws!

Anonymous said...

I remember those days during residency of budgeting tightly. Tim and I would save our change for months so we could have date night. Char is one of my favorite restaurants in Mississippi. I'm so glad you had a happy Valentines!