Nesting...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Somewhere there is a mama bird who has worked tirelessly and without blemish to create this perfectly round and perfectly placed nest in our front door arrangement. Somewhere there is a mama bird who is waiting on my sweet husband, puppy, and me to quit making noise so that she feels safe enough to come back to her nest. Somewhere there this a mama bird who is nesting...waiting on these baby birds to hatch.

Somewhere.

I saw this mama bird. I saw her because when I arrived home after a four hour drive on Sunday night, I opened the door only to be nearly knocked out and scared to death by a burst of feathers and flapping! My husband? No, he did not care to check on my jumping and screaming self. His reaction was, "Be careful! Don't bother the birds!" So, wherever you are, mama bird, you apparently have a safe place here. My husband would never let me harm you. And, to be honest, I really like your eggs. They look like some of my Easter candy. Mmmm. Maybe I should see if we have any left.

Enjoy your nesting!

1 comment:

Dennis said...

The wonder and beauty of God's creation!