It certainly wasn't a quiet day for everyone in this area. Devastating tornadoes ripped through various towns today. We were under a tornado watch all day. Homes were leveled in Yazoo City and other towns destroyed in parts, and I pray that everyone is okay. I also pray for them as they rebuild their lives after this disaster.
For us, though? It was fairly quiet. Russ had to work this morning, but surprised me by coming home before noon! Luckily, I had just returned from a trip to Krispie Kreme and was able share a few donuts with him as a reward. Ha! We talked earlier in the week about going by the Mississippi Museum of Art to view my school's exhibit. If you follow my class blog at all, you know what I'm referring to. My class worked so hard on this project, and my dedicated coworkers worked overtime to create the perfect exhibit to represent our school. I was very proud! And, since school is my life...aside from Russ and Farley...I wanted to share a little of me with my hubby.
Several schools in the district worked with local artists as a way of integrating arts into the curriculum. There was a variety of art: visual, performing, culinary, musical, etc. Our school worked with a local theater group to infuse performing arts into our curriculum. We wrote, produced, rehearsed, and performed scenes from two of our summer reading books: Talk About a Family and Uncle Jed's Barber Shop. My class performed Talk About a Family. They were SO proud of their work up on display! I was just as excited! I think this was an experience they will not forget. I wanted to show Russ their hard work, and I wanted him to see some of the other exhibits as well.
Russ reading some of the journal entries my students wrote during their experience
After taking it all in, we moved on to a few other exhibits. Russ constantly had his eye out for anything to do with photography. There were a few schools who worked with local photographers to create photos of portraits, landscapes, and abstract. They did a wonderful job!We somehow ended up also walking through an Expansion of the Muslim Culture exhibit. Not sure how that happened, but it was hot and stuffy and made me feel icky. Russ read up on everything, so he could teach me. I'm pretty sure we were the only people in that exhibit at all. And, we were in there for a total of 10 minutes probably! Ha!
When we left the museum, we considered going to the Natural Science Museum or the Planetarium. However, we decided on a movie instead. I suppose we were feeling intellectual today, because we ended up seeing Disney's new Oceans movie.
It was very interesting, and I learned a lot more about the wonders of creation I have yet to see! God's handiwork never ceases to amaze me!Overall, my Saturday was relaxing and fun. Just sharing a little of me with the hubs, and enjoying some time at home together.
No comments:
Post a Comment