A Birthday for a Queen

Monday, August 16, 2010

This weekend Russ and I joined Jenny, Jeff, Jennifer, and Jake to celebrate Jennifer's birthday. I'm just now realizing that Russ and I didn't get the "J" memo when we were named! Ha! Anyway, we met at Pizza Grocery to surprise Jennifer for her big day...or a few days after her big day.

My gift for Jennifer...a Queen for a Day look! She wears it well!

Russ and I enjoyed getting to visit with everyone. We had the best time laughing, talking, bringing up embarrassing stories from the past, and just being. It has been a LONG time since we have been around Jenny and Jeff without little ones, and I must say that it is a different dynamic. The focus is different. And we really needed an adult night. We actually closed the place down! And we met there at 6:15! I guess you could say that we had a blast!

Jenny made Jennifer this cute apron.

I am so thankful that God has placed us here...even if it is for little while. I have enjoyed catching up with old friends and gaining new friendships. I consider myself blessed to have these two women in my life. Both bring different gifts and talents, and I am so thankful for them both!

Jennifer, Jenny, and me

I am especially thankful for all the birthday girl brings to "Mayberry." Ha! Such a precious heart with, what she would call, limited vocabulary who LOVES to use the vocabulary she does know! Ha! Such a fun and energetic spirit and beautiful woman inside and out. A sincere and loving mother and friend. A woman with a heart for the Lord and His children. And her husband is pretty good too!

Happy Birthday, Jennifer!

No comments: