One HOT Bid Day!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Yes, I know. It's been a while since my last post! I apologize. Between working two jobs, sewing, and just having fun with our family and friends, I haven't had a good opportunity to blog this week. Tonight I am laying...or is it lying?....here watching Little Women and decided to blog a bit. So here goes...

Last week, I joined some family friends on a fun adventure. MSU Bid Day! One of the best days of a college freshman's life! Mary's grandaughter, Catelin, was going through "recruitment", aka "Rush". When it came down to the last day, Mary asked us if she should go. I immediately spouted out, "Yes. Of course! And I'll go with you!"

So begins our fun filled journey! Ha! We met Mary's brother, a professor on campus, at Barnes and Noble. He walked us through the clock museum while we waited. You just never know what you'll do when you are with us! Ha!

Then, it was time for the festivities! I encouraged Mary not to tell Catelin we were coming....to surprise her! She wanted so badly to call her as the time got closer. So, Jean and I took her phone away!

As the crowd gathered at the amphitheater, the sororities started piling in. Ready to receive their new members! I couldn't help but take a picture of my Chi O group while we waited. It's a loyalty thing I suppose.

The actives went wild as the new members lined the ampitheater ready to run to their new "sisters." When all the sororities were accounted for, the new members ran to their new home. There were girls EVERYWHERE!

Mary, Jean, and I made our way through the crowd of parents, friends, tons of guys sitting on trucks, and dogs until we found Catelin. She was so happy!

Catelin and Mary

Me, Jean, Catelin, and Catelin's cousin

Mary, Catelin, and Jean

While the new members met up with their sororities, we walked our way to the last house on the row....the Phi Mu house...to meet the girls when they ran to the houses. There was what looked like a parade route as all the girls walked through the streets lined with college students...mostly guys. So funny! When the girls finally made their way to the house, we took pictures and pictures and more pictures.

I'm pretty sure Dustin and his friends used us as an excuse to come over there. Ha!

Dustin and Kyle

We visited with Catelin for a little bit and met some of her new friends before letting her go enjoy the day as a new Phi Mu sista. Oh, the pink that was EVERYWHERE! It's a good thing I like her. That's all I have to say! Ha!

New friends

New sisters

New home

Another Corinth girl pledged Delta Gamma on Bid Day. Catelin and Allison are roommates. I know they will both be so happy and were so pleased with the outcome of rush. I hate we didn't get a picture of them together!

Allison

Alright, girls! The fun starts here! Take it all in and enjoy every minute of it!

Now, back to the three of us who stood in the HOT sun, walked all over campus, took pictures, and walked back all over campus! Let me just say that we needed a COLD drink for the road before we left!

Why?

See for yourself! Gross!

It was worth every drop of sweat though! A fun day! Brought back all the memories of my Bid Day!

1 comment:

Roan said...

You know I love pink!
We enjoyed our visit with you.