My New Friend

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yes. I have done something that may completely surprise some of you! I should probably start from the beginning....

Jenny has always been extremely cutesie and crafty. She always has a project or new outfit for Grace that she has created. Well, last week she brought over something that I just died for. It motivated me. Jan, Jenny, Russ, and I went to Meek's to look at sewing machines and to see about sewing classes. And this is what happened...

That's correct! Russ purchased a brand spanking new sewing machine just because he loves me! And I love him! This sewing machine not only sews, but also monograms (or embroiders)! Woo hoo! I'm so excited! Russ's dad was even more excited I think! Ha! He loves embroidering! I immediately brought it back to the Johnsons' house where Jenny had already brought over and set up her own sewing machine. I sewed and monogrammed all weekend!

Jenny was making stockings for her upcoming Christmas Open House she will be hosting in October...and I began monogramming them.

Grace also sewed some. With very little guidance...the girl can sew! She would tell me exactly what I was doing wrong when I got off track.

After a few stitches on scrap fabric and LOTS of monogramming, I cut, pinned, and sewed my own little stocking. Or as Russ's dad calls it, the Wicked Witch of the West's stocking.

Grace made me one too!

Yes, the girls had a blast this weekend sewing, chatting, and monogramming! Prentiss even brought her sewing machine over Sunday to play. The boys, however, were not the least bit interested!

Thanks babe for my new friend! I can't wait to learn more!

3 comments:

Jeri Anne said...

Oh my word, it will get soooo addicting! I just bought my sewing maching about 5 or 6 months ago, and I will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night thinking of what to make. I may eventually start a business just so I can afford to buy more fabric!

Kellie Berry said...

WOW, megan! you will love that! that's a super nice FIRST machine!

Anonymous said...

I have a Brother sewing machine that is identical to yours. I love it. It is so much fun to play with. Baby burp cloths are really easy to make and monogram if you haven't tried any of those yet! :)
I can't wait to see what all you have created! Let me know if you find any good sites to download new fonts from! :)