When Life Hands You Lemons...

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

During our fun-filled week last week, Russ's parents' freezer also went out! Yes. Everything inside was thawing. This called for a very large cleaning out process. If you know Russ's mom, then you know that she loves groceries. I woke up that morning to all kinds of frozen, thawing goods on the kitchen table and shelves surrounding. It was a little traumatic for a bit. But....

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade! So, what else would we do with all those thawed filets, hamburger patties, pork, etc.? Why, grill it, of course!

Grace and Jenny came by for a quick visit to show us their buys on the tax free weekend. So, Grace helped me make salad, dressing, and twice baked potatoes for the sides while Jenny did a little more shopping.

I'm thinking that Grace is quite the helper and an AWESOME cleaner!

I make my twice baked potatoes with ranch seasoning, sour cream, butter, cheddar cheese, and bacon. Russ's mom cannot have some of that, so I saved two for her to fix for her diet.

It was a beautifully HOT day, and the guys grilled without complaints! I even bought some asparagus for Russ to grill. He happily grilled away!
Mmmmm...made me want to kiss the cooks. Well, at least the one I'm married to!

Now, that's even better than lemonade...don't you think!?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yum, looks delicious! Did you make ramen noodle salad with Grace? That is what it looks like in the picture--definitely one of my favorite salads!