Green Market and Coke Race Recap

Monday, May 9, 2011

We did it! Kristin and I set up our first tent at Corinth's Green Market to sell our handmade items. And, it was super cute and quite successful! Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it to the next market. Maybe we'll see about July. We woke up early and were at the depot to set up at 6:30. We got a great spot with plenty of room behind us to hold larger items for shoppers and for our "moral support" to sit around and visit! Ha! Take a look in our tent...

Look at that huge summer wreath and beautiful hand crafted cross board!

Bright colored goods and unique items!

My aprons were a hit!

Loved these crosses! I bought one for a Mother's Day gift and one for the nursery!

Cute frames and glasses!

Canvases, shadow boxes, and my shirts in that wine rack...

Our tent

We set up an explanation for the t-shirts on our check-out table to tell our story. Lots of people purchased shirts without even knowing what it was for because they were so cute! Kristin did a great job on those! She even got a t-shirt design job for a local salon out of the deal! Ha!

Party of Two...

We are so thankful for all of our friends and family who came to help us set up and drum up business early! We had customers from 8:00 am until we closed up! Thank you so much Cynthia, Teri, Lee, Daddy, Kathryn, and Lizzie!

Lee, Kristin, me, Cynthia, and Teri

Sisters Smith

Daddy, Kathryn, and Lizzie offering moral support behind the tent! Ha!

Lizzie ended up helping at the check out table for the rest of the day. Thanks girl!

The Green Market was at the same time as the big Coke race. There were over 1,200 runners this year, and I was dying to see it. We couldn't be in two places at once, but I was so proud of Russ! He came by after he finished to lend a helping hand. He finished in 1 hour with no training. Great job, babe!

Me and Russ

We were also thankful for all those who wore their t-shirts to Green Market as walking advertisements! I stopped one lady and said, "I don't know you but you're wearing my shirt! Thank you!" It's awesome! I'm sure they helped us SELL OUT!!! That's right! We sold almost completely out! I had a handful of small sand shirts left, and that was it! I'm reordering this week, and I'm still taking orders! There is NO limit to how many you can buy or we will sell! We'll sell them until we raise all we need. Thank you! Thank you! Your support is overwhelming!

**My next favor I'm asking is for anyone who bought a t-shirt to send me a picture of you or you and your friends/family wearing the shirts. I'm keeping pictures of all those who supported and prayed for our baby so that he/she can see just how loved and wanted he/she already is! I'd be so grateful if you would send me those pictures! Thank you! You can email them to me, give them to me in person, or mail them to me.**

Jenny and Elle

It's just so fun watching people love things that you made with your very own hands! I was so nervous at first, but once we got going and saw everyone's faces...it was fun!

Judy shopping for an apron, and Teri helping her choose.

It started raining about 12:30, and we put sides on the tent and moved stuff inside. Of course, some people thought that meant playtime! Ha!

Daddy

Teri hanging out in the rain!

It was a great day! Thank you to all who stopped by, bought a piece of our handmade work, and for those of you who helped out!

Since I missed the 10K, Roan sent me some pictures as a recap of the morning.

Russ getting ready to walk to the starting line from his parents' house.

Approaching the finish line!

Russ and some of his friends: Cory, Cole, Russ, and John

The "other" Johnsons finished in great time as well! They all made personal records, and we are very proud of them! I'm sorry I missed it, but I'm glad I have the morning in pictures!

post signature

No comments: