Russ's mom decided to put something special together for my first "expectant" Mother's Day. She and Jenny worked together on the surprise, and Jenny even made a cake identical to our Praying for More t-shirts! So special!! I probably would have started crying if I weren't sweating so bad over the surprise! Ha!

It was wonderful having both sides of the family there to celebrate with us! Everyone watched me open gifts. For those who know me, you know how nervous I was opening gifts in front of people! Ha! I get very nervous doing that!

But everyone was SO generous, and it was SO special to have sweet gifts for Baby Johnson! It made it feel real!
Adoption is so different from being pregnant. No one knows the estimated birth date. There is not the constant reminder of a growing belly. So, to have our family recognize us as "expectant" parents was super sweet! I still smile thinking about it, and I go in the baby's room at least twice a day to look at the sweet gifts!
We loved you before we knew you even when there was just the hope of you - we loved you!
It was a true party for this "Party of Two...Praying for More!" Those who had their t-shirts wore them in our honor. Sorry I didn't get everyone's picture! Remember, though, to send me pictures of you and your friends/family wearing the shirts so that we can show our baby just how prayed for and wanted he/she already is!
Thank you to all our family and friends who came and celebrated with us! We truly are blessed!

4 comments:
How wonderful! You have such an awesome support system of family and friends.
The Lord is so good -- tears are running down my face reading this. You two are going to be such awesome parents!
awww — so sweet! It's great to have such a wonderful family supporting this new chapter in y'all's lives! Y'all are going to be an amazing mommy and daddy!
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! What a special day for you and Russ! Sweet Baby J is prayed for constantly!!
Post a Comment