On Mother's Day, my mom has only one request...we DON'T eat out! Ha! The crowds and lines on Mother's Day are not her favorite. In the past, she has cooked a meal for Mother's Day. But, this year, Kristin and Lee gave her a Mother's Day feast for Mother's Day. It was delicious! Unfortunately, I didn't get a single picture of them or the meal. But, trust me...YUMMO!
All of our family was home, Lee's mom was there, and we enjoyed a nice meal of chicken cordon bleu (not sure if I spelled that correctly), ham, loaded mashed potatoes, rolls, grilled asparagus, etc. Oh, how I would love to eat that meal right now! Russ and I, well, we gave my mom some new clothes. Maybe one day, I'll cook a big, extravagant meal! Ha!
It was a lovely day to celebrate mothers...old and new and soon-to-be! Crazy to think that this could be my last Mother's Day without a little one. Or I could have more to come before Baby Johnson joins our family. But, the HOPE is overwhelming! So thankful to have such wonderful influences from my mother and other mother figures throughout my life!
Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:
Post a Comment