A Visit with Granmomma and Pop

Monday, July 8, 2013

Well, we made it home alive after our last minute trip to Omaha!  Millie Janalee and I spent the night at my parents' house and recovered from our crazy schedule.  Millie Janalee got a good night's rest in and two great naps the next day.  Russ met us in town for the weekend.  He and I photographed a vow renewal service Saturday morning.  We transported all mine and Millie Janalee's luggage over to Granmomma and Pop's house for the weekend.  Millie Janalee was happy to visit with them too!

A late night girl talk with Granmomma
Saturday morning, Elle and Will (and Grace) helped keep Millie Janalee while Russ and I took off on our amateur photographer adventure.  Honestly, we love taking pictures!  Russ is so good at working the camera and edits, and my job is posing and details.  Ha!  We make a great team!  Especially since we've learned to disagree with soft voices and smiles.  For the record, I'm usually right.

That's all.


When we returned, Aunt Jenny and Seth were also at Granmomma and Pop's.  Seth brought his new puppy, and Millie Janalee was napping.  When she woke up, Elle invited us to swim with Aunt Jenny and her friends.  Millie Janalee and I just so happened to pack a swimsuit just in case.  Ha!  I stopped by Susu's for a swim diaper, and we were ready for the water!  Russ stayed at his parents' house to visit and rest.

My little fish!

Millie Janalee loves the water!  She loves to sit on the steps and splash around.  She also loves to "swim" in the deeper water with us holding her.  What she is not a fan of is the float.  She liked it in Panama City Beach, but not on this day.  I think if I put her straight in it, she won't know that she's missing out on sitting loose.  I'll have to remember this next time.  Thankfully, there were plenty of people around to help her "swim" around.

Elle loves Millie Janalee
Swimming with Mama!
Millie Janalee crashed as soon as we got back that afternoon.  Crashed hard!  Like when she woke up, her hair was in full Mohawk mode!  It was hilarious!  However, the laughter was short-lived when she wouldn't sleep longer than a few minutes at a time that night. We enjoyed a yummy Taylor's dinner with Russ parents and his sister's family.  Then...

We were up. all. night. with a crying baby.  Bless her heart!  She was so congested and just didn't feel good!  While I consoled her and tried to keep her in an upright position all night, Russ did some emergency runs.  Stop #1...to Susu's for suction, Tylenol, and VapoRub.  Stop #2...to Walmart for saline drops, a vaporizer, and Mucinex for a sick mommy too!  Finally, sometime after 3, we slept for longer than a few minutes between crying.  With a squirmy baby between us. 


Let's see.  That was over a week ago, and Millie Janalee and I are still fighting this nasty summer cold/sinus junk off.  We're feeling better though.  I have since gotten two shots and lots of meds.  Millie Janalee has been "water-boarded" with saline drops and sleeping with a vaporizer ever since.  Boogie wipes are our new best friend for her raw nose.


With little to no sleep, our little princess woke up ready to conquer the day on Sunday.  Her parents...not so much!  Ha!  I was so thankful that she was feeling better though.  She never ran an official fever, but she was running around 99.4 or so.  So, we continued with the Tylenol through the day.  And she took great naps.  One of her naps was outside on the swing with me.  It was a beautiful day, and Granmomma's flowers are so pretty.  So we made our way out to the swing as the sun began to sink.


By the time she woke up, it was time for our little family to make our way home.  To our real home.  Pop and Millie Janalee walked around the front and picked a pretty flower while Russ and I made one last run through the house making sure we packed everything.



Pop remarked that "this has been our best visit."  Millie Janalee was putting on quite the show for her grandparents, and they were soaking it all in.  I love our happy baby and our happy family!  ALL our family!
post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is precious! Hope you both get to feeling better!!