Just in case you didn't feel sorry enough for Russ, I've gotta say that just because he has to leave and work or study...doesn't mean the girls do. Millie Janalee and I had a date with the lake! Kristin and Lee had the boat on Friday, so Millie Janalee, Pawpaw, and I joined Kristin, Lee, and Dustin for a day at Pickwick.
![]() |
| "Can someone get my juice out of this cooler, please?" |
![]() |
| "Hey! I can't move, but I can wave at you." |
Her favorite spot was right up against Pawpaw...asleep. Sweet girl actually slept almost the whole afternoon. I think we counted nearly 3 hours of naptime on the boat. The fresh air just soothes this girl right to sleep.
While Pawpaw and Millie Janalee napped in the back of the pontoon, the rest of the crew enjoyed our day on the lake. Don't let the "lake idea" fool you. It rained for a good bit of our day. It didn't stop us at all, though. We spent the first part of our day dodging dark clouds and running away from where we saw rainfall. The sun wasn't shining too bright, but who needs sun when you're on the boat anyway? I still got sunburned! At one point, near the dam, we realized that we had been cornered. The dark clouds were in every direction except ahead. And the lake didn't continue ahead. Hmmm... We, along with all the other boats in the area, raced to the nearest cove. Some had boat slips there, and some (like us) did not. We anchored down in a little insert surrounded by trees to break the wind and decided the only option was to turn the music up and ride it out. Oh, and to hope for no lightning.
| Dustin |
| Kristin and Lee |
Millie Janalee's hair was wet, so I decided to style it a bit. Lee turned the music back up, and Millie Janalee was up and dancing! Performing her little heart out...
Regardless of the rain, it was a very pleasant day on the lake! Daddy and I headed back to the house, while Kristin, Lee, and Dustin headed toward Lee's aunt's house where they would spend the night. We met Mama at the house, got showered and dressed, and enjoyed a yummy dinner at a local steakhouse.
The rest of our night included a visit with Maw Maw for dessert, and a lazy bedtime! So, I guess you could say, "And on the fifth, we played."






1 comment:
I love all of her many faces... and he swimsuit!
Post a Comment